PDA

View Full Version : Did the dealer make the right choice?

Online247
07-16-2005, 01:47 AM
I was playing some 4-8 at my local club and this situation came up. THere were two players to my right, one on the button, one posted the SB and I posted the BB. In between me and the SB was another player who had left his seat.

Well anyways after the hand is over with the player returns to his seat and the dealer keeps the button with the same person and ask the guy who just returned to post the BB and me as well? Then I tell her that I just posted a BB and says that I'll be posting the SB as well. WTF? I have to post 2 big blinds and a small blind to see ten hands? I didn't think it was right at the time, but I just posted it anyways.

Now that I think about it, when one of the players missed his BB he can't just sit down and post a BB again can he? He would have to wait until the BB came back to him or post a BB _+ SB after the button passed him.

stabn
07-16-2005, 02:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Re: Did the dealer make the right choice?

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

JKDStudent
07-16-2005, 04:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
He would have to wait until the BB came back to him or post a BB _+ SB after the button passed him.

[/ QUOTE ]

SheridanCat
07-16-2005, 02:02 PM
You were screwed.

The options for the returning guy are:

1) Wait for the button to pass and post BB+SB
2) Wait for his normal BB (10 hands or so) and then post normally
3) In rooms that allow it, he could have bought the button.

In any event, the former SB would get the button and you would post only the SB. The player to your left would post the BB.

No one ever has to post the BB and SB more than once per round if they haven't changed seats.

If you see this again, call the floor. This dealer sounds like a buffoon.

Regards,

T

Chipr777
07-16-2005, 11:27 PM
Unfortunatly, in the ever growing world of poker, there are dealers that don't have proper training. It's not the dealers fault. The dealer is just doing the best he/she can with the training available. If you have a question about the way a game is being run, ask the dealer to call the floor for a decision.

balt999
07-17-2005, 12:02 AM
SB should have the button, you'd have the SB, and the player between should have waited until the button passes and post SB and BB.