PDA

View Full Version : My quest to dominate SNGs.. starting from the beginning, any tips?

mithong
07-16-2005, 12:04 AM
so I have 500 dollars coming in next week from rakeback from my limit ring games... and am going to start playing SNGs again.. at my first go at it, I felt like I didn't really know enough to play that well but I'm trying them again with a different approach.

Before I get my rakeback payment, I plan to read a lot of the STT posts in the archive...

What else can I do to prepare myself... any books that people recommend I should read?

Also, how do you get SNG tracker to work with eurobet, i can't automatically import hand histories for some reason. Thanks.

Moonsugar
07-16-2005, 12:11 AM
zeejustin and greg(fossilman) are some really good posters to read in the archives

i think curtains has some really good posts in current board. citanul too, but his delivery is suspect, although he has gotten a lot better since his name turned green

if you like dark humor then i suggest freemoney's posts

45suited
07-16-2005, 12:16 AM
Try reading the FAQs if you can find the thread

Oluwafemi
07-16-2005, 12:18 AM
since you play at Eurobet, this forum should be a goldmine. i hear Euro is an affiliate of Party and this forum is dominated by Party SNG hands [discussed].

bluefeet
07-16-2005, 12:25 AM
A trip to the book store couldn't hurt. Nice weather for reading in the park....

Harrington on Hold'em Vol I
The Theory of Poker (Slansky)
Harrington on Hold'em Vol II

By chance (It only took me 4 years to get TTOP...I's don't care much fer the book reedin!), I found reading them in this order beneficial. You'll get a crash-course on all the standard PF requirements in HOH-I. With this base, I think it is easier to obsorb/apply some of the more complex (at times) ideas in TTOP and HOH-II.

Daliman
07-16-2005, 12:26 AM
lesson #1 FOLD
lesson #2 PUSH

Should get you to 10% ROI right there. I expect a 25% cut.

skipperbob
07-16-2005, 07:25 AM
With that grasp of advanced-theory you should consider playing in the "STTF - HUC" in late August in Vegas /images/graemlins/blush.gif