PDA

View Full Version : Players sitting out annoy you too?

Bodhi
07-15-2005, 06:43 PM
Gripe:

Sometimes i'm sitting at a table and all of a sudden, 2-3 players are sitting out, and they don't come back for a very long time. I think it's inconsiderate, and super-annoying because then the whole table usually breaks up within just a few orbits. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

When I sit out I usually type: "brb," or "back in a couple minutes," and then I got take a piss or do whatever has to be done. 2-4 minutes, tops.

I would love, love, love it if party/skins would put a cap on how long a player can sit out at a table, maybe 5min? It's so easy to find a new table, why don't these jerks just leave if they're going to sit out for so long?

Tapin
07-15-2005, 06:46 PM
The only time sitting out bothers me is when the player sitting out has $0 in front of them and is obviously not reloading.

Other than that, sure, fine, whatever. If the table breaks, it takes all of about ten seconds to find a new one. Doesn't bother me too much.

r2b2
07-15-2005, 06:51 PM
The sit outs that bug me are the ones who join and immediately sit out. They never play.
I assume they are datamining.

KingOtter
07-15-2005, 06:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Gripe:

Sometimes i'm sitting at a table and all of a sudden, 2-3 players are sitting out, and they don't come back for a very long time. I think it's inconsiderate, and super-annoying because then the whole table usually breaks up within just a few orbits. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

When I sit out I usually type: "brb," or "back in a couple minutes," and then I got take a piss or do whatever has to be done. 2-4 minutes, tops.

I would love, love, love it if party/skins would put a cap on how long a player can sit out at a table, maybe 5min? It's so easy to find a new table, why don't these jerks just leave if they're going to sit out for so long?

[/ QUOTE ]

There's been a couple players I run into that sit down, time-out on the BB post, and obviously click 'Wait for BB' then BB comes around, they time out again, then they hit 'Wait for BB' again in the CO. They do this orbit after orbit.

Usually they're on more than one table, too, and if they're active on that other table I go and ask them to be active on the other table, or leave it.

But I've seen them doing it on more than one table, too.

That annoys me.

KO

Alobar
07-15-2005, 07:17 PM
yeah, I totally hate this. I wish the rule was that if you are sitting out for longer than an orbit, you are gone.

There is absolutely positively NOTHING you should be doing that takes longer than an orbit that causes you to sit out. anything longer than that, and you should be leaving the table. period.

boose_bagina
07-15-2005, 07:29 PM
IPN is good for kickin guys out. I go to the washroom or make a sandwich and by the time I come back I'm gone, but I'm thinkin to myself...yup, i deserve it.

Bodhi
07-16-2005, 06:21 AM
What's IPN? Sounds like an acronym with 'P' for poker.

chrisg
07-16-2005, 06:28 AM
Damn annoying. Especially in tournies.

Brainwalter
07-16-2005, 09:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would love, love, love it if party/skins would put a cap on how long a player can sit out at a table

[/ QUOTE ]

There is one, but it's >5min.

Bradyams
07-16-2005, 09:18 AM
It really bothers me when someone sits out forever at a 6max table.

clutch
07-16-2005, 09:52 AM
The other day I had to take a [censored]...but I was playing poker.

trainslayer
07-16-2005, 10:55 AM
Stars will let you sit out until you miss 3 rounds of blinds, then they dump you. It's kind of annoying but that's the rules. I wish they would change the rule to one round of blinds if there are people on the waiting list.

smoore
07-16-2005, 01:35 PM
Wow, I piss some of you off apparently. AFAIK, party picks you up after 5 orbits, a little long but it allows me to go smoke a cig. Prima skins appear to pick you up in one orbit.

x2ski
07-16-2005, 03:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, I piss some of you off apparently. AFAIK, party picks you up after 5 orbits, a little long but it allows me to go smoke a cig.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also have two dogs to take care of in addition to my smoke breaks... sorry all

Bodhi
07-16-2005, 04:58 PM
Howabout you just leave the table and sit at a new one when you're done with your errands? I'm sure you probably have a pretty good database and won't be without 'reads.'