PDA

View Full Version : Value betting the river in A-5

dibbs
07-15-2005, 06:21 PM
It seems most posters here are 2-7 scholars, but still curious to see what people think.

In what circumstances do you value bet a 7 on the river?

How often do you value bet a 6 on the river?

OOP, if two players drew one, one tends to draw smooth, one rough? How significantly does having 23456 as opposed to A2356 change your action?

In position if checked to probably a give in right?

This question is pretty broad, as the way the hand played out and the players invovled drastically sway the decision, just wondering if anyone has any thoughts about it.

randomstumbl
07-16-2005, 05:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In what circumstances do you value bet a 7 on the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

If both players draw one card going into the final draw, I will value bet a 7.

Also, if the other player constantly shows down 7's (meaning he rarely if ever breaks a 7), I will value bet a smooth 7 on occasion.

[ QUOTE ]
How often do you value bet a 6 on the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

A 6 in A-5 is very similar to an 8 in 2-7.

Value betting a 6 is pretty standard if the other player drew at least one card. The only time you might adjust is if the other player is in the habit of checkraising his great hands. I've never come across someone that does that; so. I'm not really sure of the exact adjustments to make.

I'm not sure what the rest of your questions are asking, but if you clarify, I'll give it my best shot. I'm certainly not a great A-5 player, but at 2/4 it doesn't seem like that many people are.