PDA

View Full Version : who likes this line?

joker122
07-15-2005, 05:45 PM
opponent is aggressive.

Party Poker (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">

i rase, button 3bets, i cap, he calls.

Flop: A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

i check/call.

Turn: 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
i check/call.

River: T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
i check/call.

Final Pot:

baronzeus
07-15-2005, 05:46 PM
Why didnt you just bet here? It nets you the same thing but I don't think you want any street checked through

Alobar
07-15-2005, 05:47 PM
I do this sometimes. Tho, alot depends on the opponent.

joker122
07-15-2005, 06:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i forgot to include the read. opponent is aggressive.

Derek in NYC
07-15-2005, 06:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Shouldn't he bet the river?

mungpo
07-15-2005, 06:23 PM
Do you have anything else on your opponent?

Guy McSucker
07-16-2005, 04:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]

opponent is aggressive.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he's aggressive enough to bet most of the made hands he'd make a crying call with on the river, then clearly the river check-call is right since you'll get a bet out of a busted draw that you won't get by betting. It also avoids being bluff raised.

Similarly, for the earlier streets, if he's aggressive enough to bet with worse hands, which almost everybody is, and to give you a hard time by raising you with worse hands if you try to take the lead yourself, then of course check-call is right.

Guy.

wheelz
07-16-2005, 04:43 AM
I just lost a similar hand to someone using this line against me with KK on a A high flop, and I decided that it's a pretty good line to use against aggressive players. Especially ones who might fold their smaller PPs when you keep betting that ace high board, and even better for ones who might also try getting you off your hand sometimes.