PDA

View Full Version : Very educational suckout

Jorge10
07-15-2005, 04:06 PM
I learned to never slow play in omaha from this hand, but I also have another question was my turn call wrong? I mean I am not really sure he has anything, but if he is betting after that heart hit im pretty sure he has hearts and im beat. Any comments on the turn call? Also I think this hand teaches people something, Never Slow Play.

** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Hero [ 3h Kc Ks 6h ]
Bestefar folds.
betum1 calls [$1].
M0NTECRIST0 folds.
Tarpatti folds.
cubanacan folds.
Hero calls [$1].
jsn1983 folds.
jamieskates calls [$1].
josephfar calls [$0.50].
UnluckyPlayer1 raises [$5].
betum1 calls [$5].
Hero calls [$5].
jamieskates calls [$5].
josephfar folds.
** Dealing Flop ** [ 4d, Jh, 4h ]
UnluckyPlayer1 checks.
betum1 checks.
Hero checks.
jamieskates checks.
** Dealing Turn ** [ 2h ]
UnluckyPlayer1 bets [$4].
betum1 folds.
Hero calls [$4].
jamieskates calls [$4].
** Dealing River ** [ 5h ]
UnluckyPlayer1 bets [$35].
Hero is all-In [$101]
jamieskates folds.
UnluckyPlayer1 is all-In [$29.80]
UnluckyPlayer1 shows [ Jd, Ad, Td, Js ] a full house, Jacks full of fours.
Hero shows [ 3h, Kc, Ks, 6h ] a straight flush, six high.
Hero wins $36.20 from side pot #1 with a straight flush, six high.
Hero wins $163.60 from the main pot with a straight flush, six high.

autobet
07-15-2005, 04:50 PM
UnluckyPlayer got what he deserved. He checked the flop and then bet very small on the turn.

You played fine as the flop was checked and the bet on the turn was barely a bet...

Jorge10
07-15-2005, 04:52 PM
I thought that, but it is a horrible beat, and im usually the unlucky player so I still felt sorry for him. When a beat like that happens its because someone played horrible just wasnt sure who it was.

PorscheNGuns
07-16-2005, 01:14 AM
Given the low stakes, online nature of this game, the Villain played the hand perfectly and your turn call was completely wrong, and you totally bad beated him. Nice hand, though.

-Matt

IronDragon1
07-16-2005, 01:31 AM
So "unlucky dude" was correct not to bet his overfull when-given the low stakes as you say-he almost certainly would've been called by someone with a 4xxx?

EDIT: Also-he is giving infinite odds to people with QQxx, KKxx and AAxx

PorscheNGuns
07-16-2005, 01:46 AM
Gah, you're right, I totally missed how many people were in on that pot. Certainly any 4xxx would call a hefty bet here.

-Matt

IronDragon1
07-16-2005, 01:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Gah, you're right, I totally missed how many people were in on that pot. Certainly any 4xxx would call a hefty bet here.

-Matt

[/ QUOTE ]

It's cool playa

Don't forget about getting people off of overpairs-well trying to at least at those limits.

willmay3
07-16-2005, 02:56 AM
Jorge,

I am a little unsure of the of the chip stacks, but it looks like you called $4 on the turn to win, possibly, $103 on a 44 to 1 shot. That means you were getting 25:1, so I do not think you had the odds to call that bet. So, IMO, it was a bad call.

Let me suggest also, that your limp and your call on the flop were highly marginal at best. Naked KK, which is essentially what you had, is a bad hand out of position. Your little suits have almost no value (that sounds ridiculous now I know, but this is your 1 in 1000 hand). You have a highly uncoordinated hand.

Now, having limped, and having 3 others with you, the bb, out of position, now bets the pot indicating a very strong hand and is called by the UTG player. Dude, at this point, not only are you behind, but you are WAY behind and you acted like it by only calling hoping to hit your set. I think that is a bad play. Naked sets with little back up in a multi-way pot are a quick way to go broke in PLO, IMHO.

Now, if you really thought you had the "BEST HAND," you might make a case for reraising the pot here. I wouldn't do it, but I'm a pussy /images/graemlins/wink.gifBut, I think that is highly preferable to flat calling. I think you should have folded preflop.

Unlucky player, as others have mentioned, is not only unlucky, but stupid as well, let us mention two ways:

1. First of all, betting the pot, out of position, when 4 others have voluntarily entered the pot, with AJJT, seems risky at best, because he is open to someone, especially from EP, reraising him with AAxx and shutting him out. With such a powerful hand, out of position, you want a large field.

2. The check on the flop is just abysmal. Unless you have Quads, I would NEVER check the flop, because of what is going to happen to him. By not betting the flop, he doesn't make the pot big enough to move anybody of off anything on the turn, as it turned out. Additonally, as has been pointed out, he has given AA, KK, QQ, and naked 4 infinite odds to draw out on him. Or, put this another way, there are now 7 cards in the deck to outdraw him and he is giving all of them a free shot. Bad idea.

Anyways, for these reasons, I think both of you played poorly on this hand. He got what he deserved and you got lucky. Sounds like PLO to me /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Marnixvdb
07-16-2005, 07:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I am a little unsure of the of the chip stacks, but it looks like you called $4 on the turn to win, possibly, $103 on a 44 to 1 shot. That means you were getting 25:1, so I do not think you had the odds to call that bet. So, IMO, it was a bad call.

[/ QUOTE ]

You seem to forget 2 outs: kings, giving him a 15:1 shot.

apart from that, how good is it to stack someone hitting runner straight flush? That is worth a dollar or two isnt it?

Marnix

willmay3
07-16-2005, 12:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
apart from that, how good is it to stack someone hitting runner straight flush? That is worth a dollar or two isnt it?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL.

[ QUOTE ]
You seem to forget 2 outs: kings, giving him a 15:1 shot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Another excellent point. We must at this point, however, note that the Kings are not pure outs as the guy may already have 4 of a kind. But, you point is well made. So, I apologize, it looks like he did have odds to call him, but only if he was sure the other guy would stick his stack in.

Thanks for the correction.

Will

Jorge10
07-16-2005, 02:12 PM
The reason I also called is that at those stakes, sometimes people will make those nothing bets, then just check it down or make another baby bet, because all they have is trip 4's or even a big pair. I figured maybe my hearts are good, I didnt think anyone else would call. Not only that but the guy raising into a field like that seemed to scream aces and that baby bet, pretty much fits in with it and he would probably check on the river or make another baby bet. This is the 25 tables and I am new to pot limit omaha high so I dont know if those assumptions are right, but thats pretty much what was going through my mind at the time. However when I saw another guy call, I figured well its over he has better hearts. I had pretty much given up on the pot right then and there, but then well the river hit.

willmay3
07-16-2005, 04:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is the 25 tables and I am new to pot limit omaha high so I dont know if those assumptions are right

[/ QUOTE ]

Intersting thoughts Jorge. I must disagree, however. IMHO, at these levels, I think the best thing to do is wait for a monster and bet the hell out of it. You will be amazed how often you get your set called by an under set, your straight called by the idiot end, and your Ace high flush called by a J high flush. Nut peddling is the way to make a relatively lot of money at low buy in PLO.

With Regards,

Will

Scotty O
07-17-2005, 09:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I thought that, but it is a horrible beat, and im usually the unlucky player so I still felt sorry for him. When a beat like that happens its because someone played horrible just wasnt sure who it was.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know how anyone could say this is a beat. For the low bets and and slow play, you let him get his odds to take your stack. Call it a bad play, not a bad beat

FeliciaLee
07-17-2005, 10:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Nut peddling is the way to make a relatively lot of money at low buy in PLO.

With Regards,

Will

[/ QUOTE ]
Great quote. I agree 100%.

Felicia /images/graemlins/smile.gif
www.felicialee.net (http://www.felicialee.net)