PDA

View Full Version : Gambling Laws and such

TightInn
07-15-2005, 01:43 PM
This seems like something that would come up somewhat frequently, but I didn't catch it in a search ...

I am hosting a rather large home tournament tonight and with it being Friday and most people in the age range of 18-20, I suspect the cops are going to make a visit (they'll expect underage drinking probably, which I said that I won't allow). I think we'll have around 60 people with a buy-in of $20 and rebuys allowed, so the pot might be big enough for there to be some kind of a problem.

I planned on collecting the money and keeping it in some sort of a lock box, hidden from sight, but I was wondering if there's anything else I can do.

I'm not taking a rake, there will be no alcohol allowed/provided, and there will be no hookers or no kind of business, just a bunch of people together to play cards. I live in North Carolina. Is there anything else I should do to prepare/protect myself, or is there any way that I can make this completely legal? Thanks.

jakethebake
07-15-2005, 01:46 PM
Worng forum. Delete this post now!

spamuell
07-15-2005, 01:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
home tournament

[/ QUOTE ]

Now where could this post possibly belong?

swede123
07-15-2005, 01:52 PM
You're fairly new (based on your post count) so I'll cut you some slack and direct you to the proper forum.

Home Poker Forum (http://www.tubgirl.com)