PDA

View Full Version : 2/4, good turn fold vs unknown?

iluzion
07-15-2005, 11:52 AM
I just sat down at the table to post this BB.

When raised on the flop, and bet into on the ace high turn, I'm sure I am behind. He either has a bigger 5, a 7, or an ace.

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, MP folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 4.50 BB

Nick C
07-15-2005, 11:58 AM
I wouldn't expect the ace to stop BB from betting the turn, especially once he's checked to.

You are tied with any five except 75 and A5.

I'd probably call down.

Jonny Melon
07-15-2005, 12:03 PM
I think you are making too strong of a read on your opponent's hand, given how you played it. When you check the turn here, your opponent will bet with many hands that you beat (or at least tie) with. I think check-folding is one of the worst lines you can take here, behind calling down, betting out on the turn and folding to a raise, and 3-betting the flop.

Jon

iluzion
07-15-2005, 12:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't expect the ace to stop BB from betting the turn, especially once he's checked to.

You are tied with any five except 75 and A5.

I'd probably call down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ack, how did I not see that.

JrJordan
07-15-2005, 12:10 PM
Taking it a step back, I don't like betting this flop. I would rather check, and reevaluate when the action is back to me. If BB raises and MP folds, then I'd be inclined to c/r and make a stab, and even more likely to if MP is the one who bets. Against 2 opponents though I'd probably muck this.

Jonny Melon
07-15-2005, 12:15 PM
I think checking here is entirely dependant on MP. If MP is a "bet if checked to" kind of guy, then a C/R is a no-brainer. If MP is passive, then leading this flop in a small pot will pick it up its fair share of times.

Jon