6 players left.... 150-300 blinds

Hero is UTG+1 with TT with 3090 chips

UTG allins for 460 chips
Hero reraises allin

UTG+2 has 4200 chips
Dealer has 2500 chips
SB has 2400 chips (very tight player)
BB has 5000 chips

Besides the SB, I know they're all pretty loose, semi-calling stations, but I want to isolate this guys hand and I don't want to cripple my stack by reraising like 3x and then folding on flop to overcards. I figure if I isolate him, I can win.

How was my play here?

Hand #2
200-400 blinds...5 players left

UTG folds
UTG+1 folds
Villian with 6000 chips limps from Button... (he's very loose)
SB folds...
Hero (2100 chips) is BB with 93s

D: Flop [Jh Qh Qs]
D: Villian checked.
D: Hero bet 400
D: Villian called 400

D: TURN [Jh Qh Qs 6c]
D: Hero checked.

D: River [Jh Qh Qs 6c Qc]
D: Hero checked.
D: Showdown!
D: Villian has [8d, Tc]
D: Villian wins 1,600 with 3 of a Kind: Queens

I figured I'd bluff the flop and then since he called I got scared and just checked through with him. I hate playing weak, but how else could I have played this?

Thanks guys

skierdude1000
07-15-2005, 09:30 PM
Any comments?

lastchance
07-15-2005, 09:33 PM
Hand 2: I'm definitely taking a stab at this flop (and most flops). With the pot so huge, an all-in bet is your best chance of making Villain fold the best hand.

Hand 1: I think this is correct, though I might be wrong.

AlphaWice
07-15-2005, 09:39 PM
IMO this is horrible play to all in bluff this flop. In $1 SNG you have no FE, and will be called by marginal hands.

ldavidjm
07-15-2005, 09:42 PM
Hand 1 is pretty standard for me at least, its a very good hand, you can't worry about higher PP, and at low limits I've seen loose big stacks call this type of thing with lower PP, single overcards (AXs) and two overcards which coinflips you into an either dominating position or out....

Hand 2 I don't mind the stab at it on the flop but a lot of times if they're loose I'll just let it go cause the chance of getting called down with lone aces etc., I don't know about pushing this at low limits, a lot of times people will call with garbage that beats your garbage. I've learned this the hard way....

bluefeet
07-15-2005, 09:50 PM
#1 - standard. nh.
#2 - uhboy...dunno. seeing i'm out of life-lines, my final answer is check/fold. might come up w/ something more creative if i had the other guy's chip counts (like a reraise all-in or something fancy like that).

lastchance
07-15-2005, 09:53 PM
If I can get King-high to fold here, it's a good push. You really need chips, and as long as Villain doesn't have a jack, ace, or queen, which is suprisingly high, all-in would work great to get laydowns, especially once Villain checks if you decide to get some info by checking the flop.

The way I play this hand, the board's dry enough and my stack is short enough that I'm picking up a big pot here a lot of the time.