PDA

View Full Version : My other KQ hand.

Bob T.
02-19-2003, 06:28 AM
6-12 at Canterbury.

I open raise in mid position, with K /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif Q /forums/images/icons/heart.gif .

Late position, the Button, and both blinds call. 5 to the flop with 10 SBs, in the pot.

Flop

Q /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif T /forums/images/icons/heart.gif 5 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif

Checked to me, I bet, and the button, who is a loose player on tilt calls, and the SB who joined the game a couple of laps ago, and seems like a good player, also calls. (13 small bets).

Turn,8 /forums/images/icons/club.gif .

Check, I bet, and both call. (19 small bets)

River K /forums/images/icons/heart.gif .

Small blind bets, and now it is your action. Fold, call, or raise?

Dynasty
02-19-2003, 06:31 AM
I call on the river. You can always hope.

pudley4
02-19-2003, 11:34 AM
Call. If he has the hearts, you lose and you might get 3-bet. If he has nothing and is bluffing the hearts, he folds and you get nothing. The only way you win another bet out of him is if he has KT, K8, K5 (or maybe AK).

How would you have played if he had checked to you? (I'm sure you'd bet.) How would you respond to his check-raise?

davidross
02-19-2003, 12:04 PM
Fold. He made the flush and it's pretty clear he was on the draw. That's what I want to say to you because my head tells me it's right.

At the table I'll call....every time

Casey
02-19-2003, 02:52 PM
Bob,

I think you have to call. King could have made the bettor two pair. I don't think he has the flush. If your'e beat I am gonna guess it's by a straight.

Ulysses
02-19-2003, 02:56 PM
Well, it sure seems like his hearts came through. Still, with two pair, I'll call and hope he had something like KJ.

Ed S.
02-19-2003, 03:20 PM
Yeah you can't like that heart, but I Think you just have to call here you have top two pair. Yeah I'm cringing too here, but we both know that we have to call for one big bet here.

Ed S.

gerf
02-19-2003, 04:01 PM
I think you have to call.

If you call, the button raises, and the SB calls, is it now an easy fold for 1 more BB?

Net Warrior
02-19-2003, 04:51 PM
The heart K completed both possible str8 and a flush draws present since the flop. The button being on tilt could easily cold call with some type of heart draw or J9. Likewise the SB could easily be on either hand based on pot odds for his call. I don't think the SB bets into both of these potentially completed draws with 2 pair. You’re getting 10-1 on your call but the button gets to act behind you. I don’t think you win often enough to call here.

Ulysses
02-19-2003, 05:11 PM
The heart K completed both possible str8 and a flush draws present since the flop. The button being on tilt could easily cold call with some type of heart draw or J9.

Note that the turn 8 completed the straight for J9.

Bob T.
02-19-2003, 05:39 PM
When the SB bet out, I thought that it was likely that he didn't have a flush because he was choosing to play the river for one bet. Who would raise with this board? I thought that he might play for a checkraise with a big hand, especially because if I bet, and the tilter called, he might make a lot of bets here. I thought that it was likely that the king had improved his hand, but not in a major way.

Anyway, I thought about it for a couple seconds, and called, as apparently most of you would, also. The deciding factor was the presence of the third player, who might have a lot of different hands. The tilter folded, and the SB showed K /forums/images/icons/spade.gif Q /forums/images/icons/club.gif .

I was wondering if anyone else would have considered a raise, and apparently noone would give it serious consideration.

Thanks for the responses,

Net Warrior
02-19-2003, 07:54 PM
oops, yeah, now it's a river call. I wonder though, if the K had completed the str8 draw (make the 8 a 7) if it's still a call?