PDA

View Full Version : Why didn't Alsancak push preflop?

betgo
07-15-2005, 10:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hand 53 - Ayhan Alsancak has the button in seat 4, Kanter raises to $400,000 from under the gun, and Alsancak calls. The flop comes 7h-3h-3c, Kanter bets $600,000, and Alsancak thinks a bit before raising all in. Kanter calls immediately. Alsancak shows pocket queens (Qh-Qc), while Kanter has Ah-10h (overcard, flush draw). Alsancak is in the lead, and Kanter needs to catch an ace, a heart, running threes, or running tens to win. The turn card is the 10s, and Kanter will win with a ten, an ace, or a heart (13 outs).

The river card is the 8h, and the crowd explodes into a cheer because the night is over. Ayhan Alsancak is eliminated in tenth place, earning $600,000.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Alsancak had about 1.3M. I don't see why he didn't reraise allin preflop. Kanter would have called anyway with the pot odds.

Easy E
07-15-2005, 10:39 AM
Maybe he expected Kanter to put him all-in on the flop with almost any hand, so he was trying to trap him?

durron597
07-15-2005, 10:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I think Alsancak had about 1.3M. I don't see why he didn't reraise allin preflop. Kanter would have called anyway with the pot odds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Alsancak had 2.5 million, which is exactly the right stack size for trying to trap IMO, since it's not hard to get 2 million chips in on the flop into an 800k pot against an aggressive opponent.