PDA

View Full Version : QTo Blind play

nervous
07-15-2005, 10:20 AM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) http://216.119.70.224/converter/hhconverter.pl

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 2.50 BB

Is there anything else to do in this situation? I feel really weak whenever I fold this, but I'm guessing it's standard?

JrJordan
07-15-2005, 12:14 PM
No reads.

If SB is an aggro when opening here, I'd be tempted to 3-bet and take control of the pot. If you prefer to just call, this might be a great board to play back it if he's continuously doing this. This can be done with a flop raise and follow up turn bet, or a smoothcall flop and turn raise. Your play is the standard though barring any sort of read.

Jonny Melon
07-15-2005, 12:21 PM
There is no "standard" play here. Under the right circumstances, with the right players, you could take your line, 3-bet pre-flop, call flop and raise turn, etc...These situations are texture specific. What is more helpful is: Has SB been doing this to you a lot? Or does SB only open with the goods? Is SB aggro or can he be bullied off an UI K or A? Only then can we evaluate if you have made the "correct" play or not.

Jon

nervous
07-15-2005, 12:58 PM
Sorry but no real reads so far, only had 14 hands on SB at the time. He was 31/9/1.5 and I hadn't noticed him do anything crazy.

Jonny Melon
07-15-2005, 01:00 PM
Then folding is probably OK, just as long as you are prepared to make a stand if this situation repeats itself too frequently.

Jon

bobbyi
07-15-2005, 01:15 PM
This is theoretically incorrect because if you are going to fold whenever you don't flop a pair or strong draw with this hand, your opponent shows a profit by auto-betting every flop. But typical opponents are too passive and against an unknown I think the way you played it is good.

MAxx
07-15-2005, 01:25 PM
yes, in these situations.....i mix up my play. a good bit of the time i would raise the flop with your hand here... maybee as much as 30 to 40% of the time vs SB's that were actively seeking my BB. they'd be forced to outplay or out luck me if they wanted to show a profit....and theyd earn it if they got it.