PDA

View Full Version : buying flowers online

pearljam
07-15-2005, 08:41 AM
What site is best for this sort of thing? Also someone give me an idea for a good flower arrangment, $50 seems acceptable but if its a bit more OK. thanks in advance

Jamey Saunders
07-15-2005, 09:11 AM
Proflowers.com (http://www.proflowers.com)

They pick 'em today, your SO gets 'em tomorrow, and they last for frickin' ever.

im_the_dirt
07-15-2005, 09:12 AM
Look up a local florist in the area you are sending the flowers and call them directly. I've been screwed by two major online florist. There is probably a reliable service online but i haven't found it yet.

texaspimp
07-15-2005, 09:26 AM
1.6 billion stems of roses were imported to the US in 2003. Of that total, 96% came from Ecuador and Columbia.

Trust me on this, Proflowers does not pick YOUR bunch of roses today at the farm in South America, and you get them tomorrow. The logistics make it impossible (time at the airport, on the plane, time at the airport, customs, USDA, etc.)

However, they do a good job with the product that they ship. I found a website that sells a dozen roses with a vase for $24.99, plus a portion of your proceeds goes to charity (floralemotions.com). I've used them once and everything went fine.

Other sites are 1800flowers.com, ftd.com, kabloom.com. Any local florist associated with FTD or Teleflora can "send" your arrangement basically anywhere in the US, as long as there is another FTD or Teleflora florist in the area.

In full disclosure, I do work in the industry.
I hope this helps.

beerbandit
07-15-2005, 09:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Look up a local florist in the area you are sending the flowers and call them directly. I've been screwed by two major online florist. There is probably a reliable service online but i haven't found it yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

this has worked well for me in the past

never have used an online florists though, im sure youll have more options though

cheers

pearljam
07-15-2005, 10:06 AM
sigh, never mind, nobody online takes neteller or paypal apparently.

Jamey Saunders
07-15-2005, 10:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Trust me on this, Proflowers does not pick YOUR bunch of roses today at the farm in South America, and you get them tomorrow. The logistics make it impossible (time at the airport, on the plane, time at the airport, customs, USDA, etc.)

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm perfectly willing to believe this. I've always kinda wondered how they got around customs, etc.

I will say though that my experiences with them have been wonderful. The flowers really do look great, and they really do last a looonnnnggg time. Plus, they're really not that much more than a flower shop, or the last-minute staple, the grocery store's floral department. /images/graemlins/grin.gif