PDA

View Full Version : One of two micro-stacks on bubble, blinding off shortly...

Ixnert
07-15-2005, 07:44 AM
Near the end of a 30+3 last night, 150/300 blinds

Level:7 Blinds(150/300)
Table Table 12877 (Real Money)
Seat 4 is the button
Total number of players : 4
Seat 2: geneyes7 ( $85 )
Seat 4: GMMAN0819 ( $1360 )
Seat 6: honestabe75 ( $6185 )
Seat 8: Hero ( $370 )
Trny:13944876 Level:7
Blinds(150/300)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Hero [ 7c Kh ]
geneyes7 is all-In [85]
GMMAN0819 folds.
honestabe75 raises [450].
Hero...?

I'm in the BB, so already in for 300 of my 370. If UTG loses this hand, I'm ITM. My main trouble here is putting the big stack on a hand range for his raise.

Only significant read is that SB big stack has been fairly tight since accumulating his stack. I was steaming more than a bit at the time from being up later than I should have been and having five consecutive bubble finishes before this one.

At the time of the game, I folded, thinking it was strength and figuring my best shot was in getting out of the way, but this morning I'm thinking that was a terrible decision; as long as UTG doesn't win the hand, I'm ITM since I started the hand with more, so I'm only afraid of the specific order UTG/SB/me, and I'm passing up a chance to more than double up for 70 more chips, so upon actual thought, I'm pretty aghast at myself.

Comments? Does big stack raise with any two here, trying to induce exactly what I did?

burgi
07-15-2005, 07:54 AM
I think that Big Stack does raise with any 2. Also, in my opinion, you have to call his raise because as you said, as long as the other small stack doesn't win, you're in the money! And the chances that he doesn't win are higher against 2 players than just 1.
Also, what are you going to try to accomplish later with only 70 chips left and in the SB?

unreal_nh
07-15-2005, 08:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think that Big Stack does raise with any 2. Also, in my opinion, you have to call his raise because as you said, as long as the other small stack doesn't win, you're in the money! And the chances that he doesn't win are higher against 2 players than just 1.
Also, what are you going to try to accomplish later with only 70 chips left and in the SB?

[/ QUOTE ]

ditto

Nottom
07-15-2005, 08:28 AM
Since the other stack is already committed you need to call. This way he needs to beat both you and the big stack to survive, which makes it a little more difficult. As long as the order in the hand doesn't go shorty > big stack > you then you make the money.

Plus if you do win the hand, you are in a much better spot to make a run at 2nd (and then 1st) where as if you fold its gonna take a miracle for that to happen.

Nicholasp27
07-15-2005, 09:26 AM
u gotta call here

if u don't and utg wins the hand, u'll have to win next hand or you're out before him anyway

if u do and utg wins the hand, you're out

so u may as well give better odds that utg loses the hand AND help your odds of getting higher than 3rd if you win

Ixnert
07-15-2005, 09:41 AM
Yeah, I realized pretty quickly when I looked at this this morning that I should have called almost regardless of bigstack's raising range. Still was interested as to what it might have been, as it caught me off guard at the time. And the consensus seems to be any two...

Of course, my secondary motivation is that by exposing myself to public ridicule, I might not be so damn stupid next time...

(Also, after the hand, definitely on tilt, I said some uncharitable things in chat; if honestabe75 happens to be out there, I apologize, they were uncalled for, and incorrect to boot.)