PDA

View Full Version : Questions about this JJ hand

vetman81
07-15-2005, 03:42 AM
Converter isnt working, so I did this by hand.

Villain is 52/12/1.7. His aggression by street is .75/7/4.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em

Preflop: Hero is Button with J /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
UTG limps, MP limps, CO folds, <font color="red"> Hero raises </font>, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls, MP calls.

Flop: (9SB) 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
SB checks, <font color="red"> UTG bets </font> , MP calls, <font color="red"> Hero raises </font> , SB folds, UTG, MP both call.

Turn: (7.5BB) 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="red"> Hero bets , UTG raises</font>, MP folds, <font color="red"> Hero calls </font>

River: (11.5BB) K /images/graemlins/spade.gif
MP checks, <font color="red"> Hero bets </font> , <font color="red"> MP raises, </font> , Hero calls.

My questions are about the turn and river action. IMO, it is an easy calldown when he CRes me on the turn. However, when he checks the river, should I bet as I did? When he CR me, do I still call? I was confused mostly on the river when he CRed me and wondering if I should have even bet the river behind him.

Anyone put in a reraise on the turn? Thanks.

nervous
07-15-2005, 03:51 AM
I bet the river and hate to call the checkraise, but I will. Maybe this is a leak of mine?

Poldi
07-15-2005, 04:22 AM
typo? MP folds the turn but CR the river /images/graemlins/smile.gif I guess its UTG who did the CR.

wheelz
07-15-2005, 04:30 AM
Is that aggression of 7 on the turn??? you can't have many hands on the guy.... but is 3-betting the turn too much?

Poldi
07-15-2005, 04:59 AM
If you think he is capable of playing the flop and turn like that without a 3, I would still check the river because he will bet it one last time. When I bet, I probably will only get CRed when he really does have the 3. Without a good read, I dont like the idea of having to face a second check-raise on this river especially if you cant SAFELY fold to it.

Anders_G
07-15-2005, 05:09 AM
I think you played it perfectly the whole way through. It sucks to be CR:ed on the river but you're getting like a million to one on a call.

Calling the river is not a leak, folding is.

sy_or_bust
07-15-2005, 08:44 AM
I love when players rise from the muck to checkraise the river

DMBFan23
07-15-2005, 01:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My questions are about the turn and river action

[/ QUOTE ]

mine too? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

ihardlyknowher
07-15-2005, 03:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Converter isnt working, so I did this by hand.

Villain is 52/12/1.7. His aggression by street is .75/7/4.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em

Preflop: Hero is Button with J /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
UTG limps, MP limps, CO folds, <font color="red"> Hero raises </font>, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls, MP calls.

Flop: (9SB) 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
SB checks, <font color="red"> UTG bets </font> , MP calls, <font color="red"> Hero raises </font> , SB folds, UTG, MP both call.

Turn: (7.5BB) 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="red"> Hero bets , UTG raises</font>, MP folds, <font color="red"> Hero calls </font>

River: (11.5BB) K /images/graemlins/spade.gif
MP checks, <font color="red"> Hero bets </font> , <font color="red"> MP raises, </font> , Hero calls.

My questions are about the turn and river action. IMO, it is an easy calldown when he CRes me on the turn. However, when he checks the river, should I bet as I did? When he CR me, do I still call? I was confused mostly on the river when he CRed me and wondering if I should have even bet the river behind him.

Anyone put in a reraise on the turn? Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

If your stats on Villain are over a reasonable # of hands, I would 3-bet the turn and call a river c/r every time.