PDA

View Full Version : Last day of your life

Jarekb
07-15-2005, 12:47 AM
If you knew today was the last day of your life, what would you do. Would you call up an old love, make peace with an enemy, rob a bank, go to Vegas and bet it all on 13, or simply not go to work and go fishing? Really think about it, what would you do on the last day of your life. Now ask yourself what’s holding you back from doing that? What’s holding you back from doing something that you want, that would make your life complete or rather put you at peace knowing you did ok.

I got in this train of thought this evening asked myself what do I want with life, since right now I don’t really know. So I asked, if tomorrow was that last day for me, what would I do? At first I kept saying to myself I don’t know, it’s only one day it wouldn’t make a difference, if I did something life changing well it wouldn’t do much since that was it, I just had that one day. After a while of running this and that through my head I remember an idea or call it a fantasy (but why should it be). One day just leave everything behind at my house, cash out all the money I have, bring some cloths and hit the road. Leave everything and start a new life, go out west and see the desert, drive through half the country. Go into it blind and not have a cushion, where you don’t know what you’ll get, can’t call back and ask someone to bail you out, make something happen yourself. Just get up and go and see what happens, where the world will take you. As in The Hobbit, go out on an adventure.

Then I asked myself, what’s holding me back. Why would I wait till I know it is my last day to do something like this. Even if it’s not the last one, even if this isn’t the one thing that would put me at peace or make me happy, what’s holding me back from trying? I’m not actively going to school right now, took a year off. Don’t know if I should go back, or find a job, or join the circus. My seasonal job just ended recently so I’m not tied to anything. The friendships I have are not that close anymore, the one’s that were…well those have been screwed up, hopefully temporally. Family, well they would want me to do something to get my life in order. So again I ask what’s holding me back from waking up tomorrow morning loading up a small suitcase, getting my cash out, and leave to take that risk and see what happens. And I don’t know, don’t have the balls for it or consider it just a pipe dream (referred to it as a fantasy did I not), don’t have anything to loose by trying, yet I won’t.

So what about you guys? If you knew that tomorrow when you wake up it would be the last day you’d see the sun rise, what would you do that day and what’s holding you back from doing it?

DasLeben
07-15-2005, 12:48 AM
I just read the title. I'd [censored] every bitch in sight.

TStoneMBD
07-15-2005, 12:51 AM
i treat every day like its the last day of my life. its the only way to live. that is why im here at twoplustwo posting this.

Jarekb
07-15-2005, 12:56 AM
Can't quite tell if that's sarcasm or not, but I'll bite anyway. What or how do you live each day as if it were your last one? Does that mean you live without regret or go out and do what ever you've always wanted to or are you just satisfied with how everything went?

DasLeben
07-15-2005, 12:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i treat every day like its the last day of my life. its the only way to live. that is why im here at twoplustwo posting this.

[/ QUOTE ]

BS. If I treated every day like my last, I'd either be in jail or dead from tearing down the mountain at ludicrous speed. Bwahaha.

squeek12
07-15-2005, 12:59 AM
i'd play Pebble Beach, cheat until I shot par, then go to a strip club, blow all of my money, then get laid.

MoreWineII
07-15-2005, 12:59 AM
What's holding me back is working so I can pay my bills.

Jarekb
07-15-2005, 01:03 AM
Well does paying your bills make you happy? I know it's necessary to maintain life as it is. But does what you receive for your work and what you do with it really make you happy? It only allows you to be comfortable around your material surroundings. The more and more I get into this train of thought, the more I sound like a hippy.

jcmack13
07-15-2005, 01:06 AM
I've thought about this and have not found a good reason for this not to be my answer.

Heroin. Lots of heroin. Why the hell not, right?

Dr. StrangeloveX
07-15-2005, 01:07 AM
Grand Theft Auto, only real life, would make for an ugly day after.

Jarekb
07-15-2005, 01:13 AM
But why would you care of the day after consequencs. The whole point to what I'm saying is to not think of the consequences is this little hypothetical. Just what would you do if it was the end.

To those that said sex, drugs, or crime spree. One last day of fun eh, I guess so, go out with a blast and have fun at it. Jump out of an airplane strapped to a bomb type of thing. Anyone have something a bit deeper?

A_C_Slater
07-15-2005, 01:20 AM
I would probably sit outside all day in the sun (or rain, whatever) and wonder what death might be like and reread Memories, Dreams, Reflections by Carl Jung since it has a very intense and detailed description of his death experience.

I'd either do that or hookers, lots and lots of hookers.

Jarekb
07-15-2005, 01:24 AM
Wait he wrote the book as he was dying? How long is the book then? Or is this something dramatic like shakespear would write.

YourFoxyGrandma
07-15-2005, 01:27 AM
I'd probably take my girlfriend to the beach and lie out in the sun all day, swim, watch the sunset, and call it a day.

tbach24
07-15-2005, 01:27 AM
Wake up early, take a run to McDonalds (2.5 miles), eat like 5 sausage biscuit with eggs and orange juices, then hang out with friends for awhile, have pizza for dinner, watch family guy and then go to sleep.

pokerdirty
07-15-2005, 01:28 AM
skydive... from the spacestation

A_C_Slater
07-15-2005, 01:30 AM
It's about 360 pages. And he wrote it after coming close to dying many times. It's essentialy an autiobiography, but I would only reread the last few chapters. He was 81 when he wrote it and he died at 84 or 85.

DemonDeac
07-15-2005, 01:31 AM
two girls at the same time

Dr. StrangeloveX
07-15-2005, 01:32 AM
You aren't being consistent. You ask, what would you do if today was your last? And why are you not living each day thus?

I say, "'cuz as far as I know this ain't my last day."

Jarekb
07-15-2005, 01:36 AM
Why would you wait until it was your last day to live to do something like that. It would seem that if you knew ahead of time and planned it, then it would be something important to you. So since you don't know when you will die, why hold off the important things to you?

Macdaddy Warsaw
07-15-2005, 01:41 AM
None of you have said it because it's corny, but it's true.

That is, I'd tell all the people I loved that I loved them.

tbach24
07-15-2005, 01:42 AM
I think this may be your answer (http://www.quarterlifecrisis.com/forums/)

cnfuzzd
07-15-2005, 01:58 AM
kill i abunch of people that i think would help the burden on the collective unconsious.

perhaps learn to spell. just in case...

peace

john nickle

gumpzilla
07-15-2005, 02:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]

That is, I'd tell all the people I loved that I loved them.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right, this is pretty much it. I was thinking about it, and the first thought that came to my mind was just being with my girlfriend, nothing extraordinary.

[censored]
07-15-2005, 02:01 AM
probably sit around telling myself to play poker, but ultimately end up spending the day [censored]-ing off and reading/posting worthless tripe in the OOT.

tbach24
07-15-2005, 02:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
probably sit around telling myself to play poker, but ultimately end up spending the day [censored]-ing off and reading/posting worthless tripe in the OOT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you tell us how much you loved us? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jarekb
07-15-2005, 02:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think this may be your answer (http://www.quarterlifecrisis.com/forums/)

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the link

gumpzilla
07-15-2005, 02:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He'd post more Ms. OOT, which is much the same thing, no?

tbach24
07-15-2005, 02:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He'd post more Ms. OOT, which is much the same thing, no?

[/ QUOTE ]

Even better. Speaking of which, how close are we to the next round?

Skip Brutale
07-15-2005, 04:37 AM
I would just say my goodbyes to everyone and then meditate until I died.

Lawrence Ng
07-15-2005, 07:43 AM
Just off the top of my head, if I had say 2 days left to live, I'd:

1. Donate almost all my money to a local mission/hospitals/charities.

2. Make sure all my organs that can be donated and used, will be. I'm pretty healthy.

3. Have a 3-some, maybe 4 some.

4. Call up all my friends, tell them thanks.

5. Call up all my enemies. Tell them to go [censored] themselves.

6. Make peace with my dad.

7. Use up a huge chunk of my bankroll, play the biggest NL game with the smallest buy-in that can be done with my bankroll and wait till I get 7-2 offsuit and shove all-in preflop. If I win, I'm donating it.

8. Last and least, call my last ex up, tell her that she was the last woman I ever loved and hopefully make peace with her too.

Lawrence

icepick
07-15-2005, 09:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Heroin. Lots of heroin. Why the hell not, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

That'd be part of my last day, but not all of it. But yeah, why the hell not?

NutzyClutz
07-15-2005, 12:44 PM
I'd have someone with a video camera record my final words of comfort for my loved one, and praise the Lord. I don't have any enemies, but if I did I'd bury the hatchet.