PDA

View Full Version : It's AQ

bobbyi
07-15-2005, 12:13 AM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) http://216.119.70.224/converter/hhconverter.pl

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, MP calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP calls.

Turn: (7.20 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9.20 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 9.20 BB

Subfallen
07-15-2005, 02:45 AM
The river check is bizarre, because if he was pumping a drawing hand on the flop, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif completed everything and you're not blind, so why the heck would you ever bet this river? I don't think he has a flush, and a straight is unlikely because only 4/images/graemlins/club.gif5/images/graemlins/club.gif exactly would 3-bet that flop---and I don't think he has a flush!

So if he doesn't have a flush, he has either Ax where x &lt; Q usually, or 66. Reads would help a lot, but I think on average this is an A that got scared enough to be profitable, so I bet the river.

Assuming I'm not tilting so badly I can't fold to a check-raise!

Victor
07-15-2005, 02:49 AM
i would bet the river on principle.

nervous
07-15-2005, 03:53 AM
Bet and expect to see trash call you.

He just found out that he waaay overplayed his hand I think.

slik
07-15-2005, 03:55 AM
bet the river. his 2 pair just got counterfeit.

slavic
07-15-2005, 04:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How? If he has 2 pair he either filled or has a better to pair than Bobby.

slavic
07-15-2005, 04:13 AM
You didn't give us much on MP, but if he's rational decent but not great I think the check behind is good.

The 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif is just about the worst card for you in the deck. Only slightly ahead of the 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif. Hopefully he was overplaying AT-AQ but then again he should have raised those. Maybe a middle pocket pair? Naw not much I see that he has that you like.

slik
07-15-2005, 06:48 AM
perhaps noone's crazy enough to play 76 like that. but that's the only hand that I could think of that would slow down after all that aggression. I still think that AQ needs to value bet.

Chris Daddy Cool
07-15-2005, 07:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

which two pair would that be?

Jonny Melon
07-15-2005, 11:50 AM
I'm also an advocate for betting the river. The question is: Is this an "easy" fold to a C/R?

Jon

iluzion
07-15-2005, 12:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You expect to see him counterfitted if he calls the flop and then wakes up on the turn. If he hit two pair on that flop, your still going to be behind.

Hand looks fine to me.

bobbyi
07-15-2005, 12:20 PM
It seems that the only comments are about the river. Does this mean that the rest of the hand is clear? In particular, is capping the flop the best option? With position, I used to instead call the flop three-bet here and pop him on a non-club turn. But it seemed that too often, the guy would check the turn anyway, so recently I've been just putting the money in on the flop instead.

PokerBob
07-15-2005, 12:28 PM
I think I play it the same.

slavic
07-15-2005, 12:50 PM
Bobby -
I tend to play alot of these hands fast. There are so many players that push crap early playing straight forward bash'em over the head poker on the flop is just correct.

In this case if we know he likes to semibluff flops and he would wait for the turn to checkraise an ace, then calling the flop 3bet and raising a safe card turn is a better money winner. (by quite a bit actually, but you knew that) It typically takes me a while to figure out if a player does this, and if I'm 4 tabling I may never identify this.

I thought you were more interested in the river, simply because it would look to a multitabler as an easy value bet, but depending on your image and how the other guy plays I doubt it is.

bobbyi
07-15-2005, 01:01 PM
Thanks slavic, I found your comments helpful. For the question of reads, most of my session are only an hour or so in the evening when I get home from work, and the first chunk of that is sometimes spent hopping tables looking for a game I like, so a large portion of the hands I play are in games where I have not been sitting long enough to have any real reads. I don't have much pt data on opponents in this game because I have played few hours of 5/10 6-max (4k hands so far) and hadn't been datamining at all since I was relying on my beloved pokeredge.