PDA

View Full Version : KK on a A high flop

Dan Rutter
07-14-2005, 11:04 PM
Level 2 $15-30 blinds, 8 players remain.

I am UTG with $1,460 in chips.
I have Kc Kh and make it $90.

Folded to MP2, who has $2,320 in chips. He has played wild and loose so far, and is in 2nd chip position. He picked up most of his chips limping UTG with 86o, and calling a raise after numerous others did, flopping two-pair, and busting someone on the flop with an inside straight draw. He called other raises with very marginal hands.

He raises it to $225.

Folded to me, and I make it $550. He calls.

Flop comes Ts Ah 8H

I have $910 left and the pot contains $1145.

How would you play it?

AceofSpades
07-14-2005, 11:37 PM
Playing an PP to one overcard is always tricky, but I'll give it my best shot...The question you have to ask yourself is: are you willing to go bust with KK vs a possible Ax? If you are, this makes it a lot easier. You push all in preflop when he reraises. This is also good if he has a hand like JJ because you might get scared off if he bets an ace high flop.

If you are planning on folding if it looks like he hit the ace, then re-reraising any amount other than your whole stack just gives you less room to manuever after the flop because any significant bet commits most of your stack to the hand. Just call his re-raise and play it by ear from there.

[ QUOTE ]
Level 2 $15-30 blinds, 8 players remain.

I am UTG with $1,460 in chips.
I have Kc Kh and make it $90.

Folded to MP2, who has $2,320 in chips. He has played wild and loose so far, and is in 2nd chip position. He picked up most of his chips limping UTG with 86o, and calling a raise after numerous others did, flopping two-pair, and busting someone on the flop with an inside straight draw. He called other raises with very marginal hands.

He raises it to $225.

Folded to me, and I make it $550. He calls.

Flop comes Ts Ah 8H

I have $910 left and the pot contains $1145.

How would you play it?

[/ QUOTE ]

07-15-2005, 04:07 AM
i would have been inclined to push pre-flop. If he is as loose as you say he is, I'd be inclined to think Im in front here

curtains
07-15-2005, 04:24 AM
Re-raising to 550 preflop is ridiculous. In a spot like this don't put yourself in an impossible situation if an ace flops. Once the guy reraises to 225 say to yourself "okay all my money is going in the pot NO MATTER WHAT". Then do something that makes this a reality. You don't want to make a small raise and then allow yourself to get scared by an ace.

Raise to like 700-800 minimum....or even allin. You cannot just plan to reraise 1/3 of your stack and fold if an ace flops...also you are giving him a decent price to call you with preflop.

Again, it obviously will pain you to let go of the hand at any point after you are reraised. So please make sure to manipulate the betting so that there is no possible way you can fold at any point.