PDA

View Full Version : thoughts on overbetting

srm80
07-14-2005, 10:55 PM
i have been playing at .10/.25 NL for awhile, and I have noticed that people chase a lot, and don't really consider pot size or whether they will get paid off if they make their hand, they just keep calling and calling and calling until they hit and then come in with a raise. Some players, alot of players, won't even bet when they do make the hand they were chasing, but are rather content with calling a 1/4 pot sized bet and taking it down. After watching this for awhile, would it be correct to make over bets that are bigger than the current pot size to give people pretty terible odds to hit their hand? If you have a good read on somebody and are fairly certain what they are drawing to, and know FOR SURE thaty they will call whatever sized bet just to hit their draw, would it be more profitable at the .10/.25 level to make over bets when you are certain the other player has a draw and will call the big bet?

btetreau
07-14-2005, 11:04 PM
Maybe this is a case of oversimplification, but I would think if you know "for sure" that someone is drawing and you've got a made hand, then I would think that the most +EV move would be to bet as large as possible with them calling - if that is pot+1/2, or all-in, whatever the most is they will call. Does that make sense or is it getting late here?

GL, BT

srm80
07-14-2005, 11:08 PM
i have seen plenty of all-in calls on weak draws, which is astounding

kongo_totte
07-14-2005, 11:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you have a good read on somebody and are fairly certain what they are drawing to, and know FOR SURE thaty they will call whatever sized bet just to hit their draw, would it be more profitable at the .10/.25 level to make over bets when you are certain the other player has a draw and will call the big bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

Like the other guy said, bet as much as you think they'll call, but never so small that your giving the correct odds.