PDA

View Full Version : Pushed A Ko pre-flop.

kongo_totte
07-14-2005, 10:40 PM
Villian1 ($16) is an unbelievable tool. Played 3 hands with him. The hand right before this he called a raise pre-flop w/ Q 7s+called down on all streets with middle pair Q-kicker when I held A A. No real read on villian 2 ($21)

The next hand: I am BB w/ A Ko

Pre-flop
folded to villian on the button who min.raises to $1, SB calls, I put them in for $21.

Standard?

crosse91
07-14-2005, 10:49 PM
no, but probably is correct.

aiel
07-14-2005, 10:52 PM
Seems crazy to me. If you know he is the type to call any bet, why not wait to see if you hit something on flop then raise him then? I'm assuming you want a call when you push all in preflop so if he has any pair, he's getting better odds than you by calling.

kongo_totte
07-14-2005, 10:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Seems crazy to me. If you know he is the type to call any bet, why not wait to see if you hit something on flop then raise him then? I'm assuming you want a call when you push all in preflop so if he has any pair, he's getting better odds than you by calling.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but: as I said, I only played three hands with him but judging from those three hands, he will preobably call with A X, K X or any two. I don't want to call and let his 9 4o outflop me, and I don't want to raise to play a big pot OOP w/ A K and I don't want to fold.

ajmargarine
07-14-2005, 11:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
he will preobably call with A X, K X or any two.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the any 2 is stretching it a little, but if that's your read, AK is best almost all the time here going in, coinflip against the remaining hands, and likes to see 5 card boards not 3 card flops, so this is a good line.

(If he had 4-9, I would think he would fold though, but maybe call a preflop reraise by you. Flop comes AK4 and you miss the joy of him calling you down. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif)

kongo_totte
07-14-2005, 11:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I think the any 2 is stretching it a little,

[/ QUOTE ]

You're ptobably right. The only read I had I described in the OP. I still think the push is correct though.

kongo_totte
07-15-2005, 09:57 AM
Villian1 called and showed Q Q, and it held up. [censored] happens.

BZ_Zorro
07-15-2005, 10:05 AM
hahahahahaha

amoeba
07-15-2005, 11:47 AM
he seems loose passive in which case this minraise must be a pocket pair 88+.

kongo_totte
07-15-2005, 12:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
he seems loose passive in which case this minraise must be a pocket pair 88+.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't make that read after 3 hands (whereas I only played 1 vs. him). I could make the read "SUPERFISH" (who is very likely to be on tilt (I took everything but his remaining $16 on the hand before)) though, against whom I think the play is profitable.

amoeba
07-15-2005, 12:20 PM
its good if you think he'll call with A worse kicker.

Ghazban
07-15-2005, 12:21 PM
I don't think it was optimal in a vacuum but I think its a good play to make occasionally. One fantastic by-product is that the rest of the table just saw you push with AKo and will probably not take into account the factors of who you were playing against, what your stack size was, and what lousy position you had. If you get AA in the next two orbits and push it, you probably get loose calls from all sorts of pocket pairs who assume you just don't like to play AK postflop.

fuzzbox
07-15-2005, 12:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Villian1 ($16) is an unbelievable tool. Played 3 hands with him. The hand right before this he called a raise pre-flop w/ Q 7s+called down on all streets with middle pair Q-kicker when I held A A. No real read on villian 2 ($21)

The next hand: I am BB w/ A Ko

Pre-flop
folded to villian on the button who min.raises to $1, SB calls, I put them in for $21.

Standard?

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont like to give muppets 50% chances to beat me for a big pot (minraises are often pairs).

Since he calls too much, you have to expect him to call here. I much prefer calling, seeing a flop and getting paid on an A or K flop. I also dont mind being in a big pot with top pair against this particular brand of muppet.

kongo_totte
07-15-2005, 12:37 PM
Well, if I knew he had a PP and would call, O would not have pushed now would I. Judging from his earlier play though, he'd probably call w/ AXo, KJo etc. aswell.