PDA

View Full Version : 3-6 JTo in CO - take the free card on the turn?

Ulysses
02-18-2003, 06:57 PM
4 limpers to me in CO w/ J /forums/images/icons/heart.gif T /forums/images/icons/club.gif. I call. Button and blinds play - 8 see the flop.

8 /forums/images/icons/club.gif 9 /forums/images/icons/club.gif 2 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif

SB bets. 3 callers. I raise. Button cold-calls. SB and callers all call.

K /forums/images/icons/spade.gif (8 /forums/images/icons/club.gif 9 /forums/images/icons/club.gif 2 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif)

Checked to me. I check. Button checks. Bet the turn?

7 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif (K /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 8 /forums/images/icons/club.gif 9 /forums/images/icons/club.gif 2 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif)

EP bets. 2 callers. I raise. EP calls. Callers fold. Obviously, I'm good.

Ed Miller
02-18-2003, 06:59 PM
I think you should bet the turn. You want anyone with a better J or T to fold so you might have those as outs.

Dynasty
02-18-2003, 07:07 PM
There's nothing wrong with checking, especially if you can steal the pot if a club comes on the river.

ZManODS
02-18-2003, 07:14 PM
I think you should bet the turn. You want anyone with a better J or T to fold so you might have those as outs.

Even though that may be true it definately wont knock out someone holding a K (remeber there are 6 people in at this point), i would go for the free card.