PDA

View Full Version : Loose Home Game--What to Call?

Walter
02-18-2003, 06:31 PM
If you are playing with very loose, very bad players in a small-stakes home game, what do you think is the most profitable game to call?

dux
02-19-2003, 02:36 AM
Omaha limit straight high I think. Peddle the nuts, and don't bluff unless the other players assure u they'll fold when you bet. Exaggeration perhaps...but its wat I deal at my home game.

willmunny
02-19-2003, 03:34 AM
I agree. Tight play in Omaha high gets paid off by inferior players. Also most any form of Lowball or Hi/Lo split should favor you in that type of game.

MichaelD
02-19-2003, 07:57 AM
Walter,

In the homes games in Chicago that I have experienced, stud eight or better would be a good choice.

By the way, I know a Walter in Chicago who plays bridge, and also plays in some of the same holdem games I play in. You would not by any chance be him would you? Just curious as I noticed your location is Chicago.

Just some thoughts...

Michael D.

mobes
02-20-2003, 03:13 AM
Omaha 8

nicky g
02-25-2003, 10:42 PM
There's a fairly popular game in the UK called superstud -each player gets 5 cards down, discards 2, sets the other three as a stud hand (with whatever upcard they choose) and it plays as stud 8 from then on. Good in hte situation you describe because not only do the players play hilo and nuts games extremely poorly, but they also will keep the dumbest cards. We play it pot limit, dunno how if it would work as a limit game.

JackAce
02-26-2003, 05:55 AM
I'd go for Razz, weak players seem to call all the way here even though they have no chance of winning. And its easy to fold when you know you havnt got the best hand.

Pineapple might also be a good choice if your fellow players are poor at picking the best two cards.