PDA

View Full Version : Commerce 5/10, TPGK, out of position, awkward stack sizes

elena_elphie
07-14-2005, 08:59 PM
I tend to have a problem where I flop a decent but possibly beaten hand out of position (like TPGK) out of position when the stacks are around 60-70BB or so. If I have 40BB, I generally am comfortable putting all my chips in, and if I have 100BB or more, I can often get away if I am beat. Here is a hand from today:

I am two off the button w/ KQs, one limper in middle position, I raise to $50. The cutoff, a fairly weak player that will chase draws w/o odds and cc w/ all sorts of hands calls. Everyone else, including the limpers fold, we each started with around $650 and the pot now has $120.

The flop comes K85 w/ two clubs. I bet $80 and the villain calls, he could have all sorts of things here, flush draw, straight draw, set, two pair, top pair, middle pair etc.

Turn is an offsuit 7. I bet $200 and he calls again.

What do I do on the river if:

a) a blank falls
b) a flush card hits.

At this point we each have around $350 left and the pot is
about $640. Is there a different way to play the hand to avoid this awkward situation?

xorbie
07-14-2005, 09:15 PM
I think at this point with stack sizes and the pot size it's like push push push unless he will buff a missed draw and also bet a shitty hand.

coltrane
07-14-2005, 10:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is there a different way to play the hand to avoid this awkward situation?

[/ QUOTE ]

of course....control the pot better (either make it bigger or smaller) by changing your bet sizes on earlier streets....

Matt Flynn
07-14-2005, 11:57 PM
hear the jazzman. raising to $50 preflop caused your problems. consider limping or raising to $25 => now AK or AQ is sorely tempted to reraise instead of playing rope-a-dope, KJ and KT often come along, and 85s in your suit - the hand you really want in there with you - often will as well. raising to $50 drives out many of the hands you want to play against. oh yeah, and screws you potsize-wise.

matt