PDA

View Full Version : (x-post) Kudos Raymer: 25th at WSOP

adamstewart
07-14-2005, 08:20 PM
Posted first in the Internet Forum.

While Moneymaker was out in early rounds of his 'repeat attempt' last year, Greg Raymer has just proven that his win at last year's WSOP was no fluke, placing 25th out of this year's field of 5619 players.

I'd have to say this accomplishment nears that of Dan Harrington's back to back final table appearences.

Kudos Raymer.

Adam

OCEIGHTY
07-14-2005, 08:28 PM
Way to go Greg...another incredible run. Pretty [censored] amazing!

CanKid
07-14-2005, 08:59 PM
outstanding

stabn
07-14-2005, 09:06 PM
You really should just keep this in the WPT forum instead of spamming the board.

adamstewart
07-14-2005, 09:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You really should just keep this in the WPT forum instead of spamming the board.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmmmm....... how 'bout this:

No.

If you need a reason, try this: Raymer is a 2+2'er who deserves to be recognized (in each forum, if need be).

Adam

Killer Man's Son
07-14-2005, 09:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
outstanding

[/ QUOTE ]

iluzion
07-14-2005, 09:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't go to the WPT forum or the MTT forum, where these would be more appropriat, but do care to hear, so I have no problem with seeing this posted here.

Congrats to Raymer though, I really was rooting to see him win it though.

Matador225
07-14-2005, 10:03 PM
Raymer=God...
thats all i need to say

TheBlueMonster
07-14-2005, 10:57 PM
if the field is just as large (or gasp! larger) next year and Fossilman repeats/surpasses this year's performance, I think it would be a better performance than even Harrington's.
I'm sure people would make the argument that Raymer's consecutive finishes are already better than Harrington's since the field was so huge both times.

eh, its all mental masterbation.... /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

kasey2004
07-14-2005, 11:01 PM
Atta boy.

/images/graemlins/spade.gif Kasey /images/graemlins/spade.gif

MrFeelNothin
07-15-2005, 03:33 AM
I hate to say it, but he was bad beat.

SoftcoreRevolt
11-23-2005, 11:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Posted first in the Internet Forum.

While Moneymaker was out in early rounds of his 'repeat attempt' last year, Greg Raymer has just proven that his win at last year's WSOP was no fluke, placing 25th out of this year's field of 5619 players.

I'd have to say this accomplishment nears that of Dan Harrington's back to back final table appearences.

Kudos Raymer.

Adam

[/ QUOTE ]

What if last year wasn't the fluke and this year was a fluke! I bet you didn't think of that!

TStoneMBD
11-24-2005, 12:30 AM
why do you bump old threads for absolutely no [censored] reason

SoftcoreRevolt
11-24-2005, 01:03 AM
This showed up on the first page for some reason, I must've accidently clicked some other option..

I did think it was weird that this was on the front page again.

TStoneMBD
11-24-2005, 01:11 AM
oh ok sorry for being harsh

11-24-2005, 01:51 AM
Mr. Raymer is my favorite poker player, I am a big fan. I was a little disappointed with his comments immediately after he lost that large pot on the bad beat, however I understand them given the situation. Then again maybe it was some ESPN editing.

SoftcoreRevolt
11-24-2005, 02:40 AM
It was well deserved, I was just getting off a great session, saw this post and went "Why in the hell is there another Raymer post? I love Raymer, his WSOP run was the most impressive tourney poker accomplishment ever, but its been 4 months! Sarcastic post time!"

And then I find out I am the idiot.

But in honor of Thanksgiving, let us once again pay tribute to Greg for being classy as hell, and winning more money in his second best run than we'll ever win on our best day.