PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Hand of a 10+1 Sit N' Go

07-14-2005, 08:04 PM
Hero is in BB, and is dealt A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifA /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Second hand of tournament, blinds are still 10-15. Too early in tournament for a read on anybody.
4 callers preflop, no raisers, so hero makes it $75 to go.

3 fold, 1 calls.

Flop:
8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif2 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Hero bets out $80, other guy pushes all-in. What should hero do?

tigerite
07-14-2005, 08:05 PM
Click the 'call' button. Click it again just in case I missed, or something.

EricW
07-14-2005, 08:07 PM
Easiest call of all time.

playtitleist
07-14-2005, 08:14 PM
Can't imagine a situation in which I wouldn't call this.

How'd it turn out for you?

lastchance
07-14-2005, 08:18 PM
Call, as fast as you can.

Bigwig
07-14-2005, 08:22 PM
Eat a sandwich. Call. Curse out your father for 'loving you' when you were in grade school. Make sure you clicked call. Watch Villain suck out for a flush. Look in mirror and see the look on your face--"I just pumped the neigbor's dog."

1C5
07-14-2005, 08:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Click the 'call' button. Click it again just in case I missed, or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

nh

07-14-2005, 08:31 PM
Hero called, suspecting a flush draw. Hero was wrong, though.
Guy turned over a 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. A straight draw. Even better! Of course, until he rivered a 9.

I was pretty confident in the call, but finishing 10th place in a $10+1 does sting the ego. Only mistake I could think of was not raising enough preflop with all those callers. Perhaps a huge (maybe 250 chips or so) raise preflop would've been smarter. Or maybe that's just hindsight talking.

ClaytonN
07-14-2005, 08:33 PM
No, that's hindsight talking. Preflop was fine.

Maybe bet more on the flop. But this is a stupid easy call.

1C5
07-14-2005, 08:35 PM
Yeah raise 800 next time so everyone folds. Won't finish 10th next time.

(Sarcasm)

Many new member's first posts were bad beats. Don't feel bad about 10th. Better than 4th! Time is money.

07-14-2005, 08:46 PM
"Don't feel bad about 10th. Better than 4th! Time is money. "

Heh, this is a good point I hadn't thought much about. I have been playing poker for a few years, but am fairly new to online/SnG's. I have played about 25 $10+1 in the last few weeks, and keeping a spreadsheet of the results. I was noticing that, so far, I either finish in the money, or between 10th-7th. I have not once finsihed 6-4th. Small sample size, but intersting result.

1C5
07-14-2005, 08:57 PM
Cool. Welcome to the forum! How did you find it?

07-14-2005, 09:01 PM
just through hunting around the net. is there a posting anywhere on the site that has a guide to all the acronyms/slang people use on here? since i'm new, i'm trying to figure out all the lingo.

1C5
07-14-2005, 09:03 PM
no but ask here and i will let you know what you dont know

rydazzle
07-14-2005, 09:04 PM
The FAQ is pinned at the top of this forum...enjoy /images/graemlins/wink.gif

07-14-2005, 09:06 PM
hey thanks! let me look around awhile to complile a list of the stuff i can't figure out. i'll repost it here later.

07-14-2005, 10:00 PM
i read the FAQ but there were still some terms i couldn't find:
ROI
MOP
ITM (is this in the money?)
ICM
CB - as in "your bet looks like a CB"
EV
WTA (i think this is some type of tourney)
Hand Converters - What are these?
PT - as in "I do well in round 3 according to my PT"
t2400- what does the little "t" mean next to someone's chip stack
Skin- If a "skin," for example a party poker "skin," gets you into the same games as the main party poker site, why would anyone use the skin?

Thanks for the help.

cleinen
07-14-2005, 10:25 PM
I think you may need to reread the FAQ half of these are in there.

FlyWf
07-14-2005, 10:30 PM
ROI- Return on Investment. When you finish third in a $10+1 you make $20 on an investment of $11, thus a ROI of 181%. Over hundreds of SnGs, obviously not going to be able to finished third every time, if you can do 30% you're doing well. Add this to your spreadsheets ASAP.
ITM- Bingo
ICM- Independent Chip Model. See links in the FAQ.
EV- Expected Value(% chance x effect)
Hand converters- are how people get their hand histories to look so pretty. Link in the FAQ.
PT- Pokertracker, a statistical analysis program.
t2400- indicates that you have 2,400 chips rather than $2400 indicating you have 2,400 dollars.

skin- You'd use a skin for bonus/rakeback reasons.

tjh
07-14-2005, 10:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ROI
MOP
ICM
EV
Skin- If a "skin," for example a party poker "skin," gets you into the same games as the main party poker site, why would anyone use the skin?

Thanks for the help.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good luck with your game. Here is what I know.
ROI
Return on Investment. Played 10 $11 sitngos cost me $110 ended up with $165 ROI is 50$.

MOP
??
??
ICM
Independent Chip Modeling. A method of analyzing chip value in a tournament based on the "real value of the chips". Look for Eastbay's tool on this forum and elsewhere.

??? I duno GB for Gigabet ? A well respected high buyin sit n go player?

EV
Expected value. The expected return of an action. If I push with my aces into a $100 pot I will win $100 3/4 of the time and lose $100 1/4 of the time. EV is the average of the probable outcomes.

BisonBison had a tool on another website that converts hand histories into easilly read format for this site. Little pictures for hearts spade etc. Hides your name and replaces it with hero. and the like. Broken as of late.

Poker Tracker. A program that tracks your results in a database and allows you to analyze your actions.

RakeBack. Sign up with a new site and an affiliate and you can get a percentage of your rake returned to you. This can add up. Look into it before you sign up on any new sites.

--
tjh

FlyWf
07-14-2005, 11:45 PM
In the ROI example there's a typo. The ROI in my example is 81, not 181.

tigerite
07-15-2005, 05:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hero called, suspecting a flush draw. Hero was wrong, though.
Guy turned over a 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. A straight draw. Even better! Of course, until he rivered a 9.

I was pretty confident in the call, but finishing 10th place in a $10+1 does sting the ego. Only mistake I could think of was not raising enough preflop with all those callers. Perhaps a huge (maybe 250 chips or so) raise preflop would've been smarter. Or maybe that's just hindsight talking.

[/ QUOTE ]

So just a bad beat. Take it on the chin. Some doofus called me all in on the turn with a gutshot straight draw the other day. For 425 chips, at level 1. With no overcards or pair. To my 10's. He hit it. C'est la vie.

ClaytonN
07-15-2005, 06:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
ROI
MOP
ICM
EV

Thanks for the help.

[/ QUOTE ]

ROI = return on investment
MOP = ?
ITM = In the money
ICM = acronym for chip value in late stages of tournament in relation to percentage of prize pool. or something like that
CB = continuation bet: firing another bet on the flop to follow up a preflop raise
EV = the expected value of a play. Raising with AA is +EV. Raising with 72o is -EV. Every decision you make in poker is based on the EV from it.
Hand converters - take the hand history from the site and make it readable and pretty on the forum. google bisonbison hand converter.
PT - PokerTracker: www.pokertracker.com (http://www.pokertracker.com)
Skins - different bonus offers, tournaments, etc. They're not exactly similar.

barry111
07-15-2005, 12:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Eat a sandwich. Call. Curse out your father for 'loving you' when you were in grade school. Make sure you clicked call. Watch Villain suck out for a flush. Look in mirror and see the look on your face--"I just pumped the neigbor's dog."

[/ QUOTE ]

yea make sure it is a club sandwich