PDA

View Full Version : JT two pair

SA125
07-14-2005, 07:54 PM
Live 10-20

Villain is the BB and is a very solid thinking player who plays regularly.

4 limpers to me and I limp on the button with JTo. 6 to the flop unraised pot.

Flop K J T with 2 diamonds. I don't have a diamond.

Checked to me, I bet, SB folds, BB c/r's, folded back to me I call.

Turn is a rag diamond. He bets, I raise, he calls.

River is a blank. He checks.

With a board of K J T xx, flush draw out also, I raised the turn, does he call with just a K or worse if I bet here?

brettbrettr
07-14-2005, 08:02 PM
bet. You're likely good and he can't call otherwise.

SA125
07-14-2005, 09:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
bet. You're likely good and he can't call otherwise.

[/ QUOTE ]

You hate to show for free, but why bet if he'll only call with a better hand?

sy_or_bust
07-14-2005, 10:26 PM
You really can't value bet a solid player here. I can't think of a single calling hand you beat that plays the preflop as above. If he is a good player, he'll fold his pairs w/ missed redraws and check/call his better 2-pair hands.

Chris Daddy Cool
07-14-2005, 10:31 PM
i would bet. your hand is most likely best and you will probably end up winning without a showdown, but you're overestimating how often players (even good ones) will fold this river.

TStoneMBD
07-14-2005, 10:36 PM
easy river bet.

not sure about the preflop limp. its very debateable but you didnt specify table factors so i dont have much to comment here.

SA125
07-15-2005, 03:50 AM
I check behind, he shows me a small K and says he was mucking anyway. He knew my line wasn't on the come. I had a small K beat. He would have check/called down if he caught 2 pair.

I do agree there's some "good" players who will pay off TP no matter the board, the line or their kicker. I just didn't see this one doing it. Maybe I'm wrong. That TOP question of "what will call you" is a good one.

aK13
07-15-2005, 04:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
does he call with just a K or worse if I bet here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, if he thinks you're bluffing 2 diamond.