PDA

View Full Version : These hands mess me up...

ggbman
07-14-2005, 07:36 PM
Tricky to play hands like this, i don't know if i want a club or not. Do i want to check call and 2 non club cards? What do you guys think? No reads, i havent been playing very long, but villian is reasonable and agressive as far as i can tell. The converter is messed up, so here it is.

Folds to me on the button, i raise black fives. Both blinds call. The flop is J46 all clubs. The blinds check, i bet, and the BB check-raise. What is the plan here?

GetThere1Time
07-14-2005, 08:33 PM
When you get raised by the BB, you're HU and you have a pair and a flush draw, all be it a crappy pair and a crappy flush draw, a lot of the time either is good enough. The question is whether the BB is playing a big club like this or a clubless J or 6 like this. Sometimes he has both, but I think HU a hand like yours is too good to fold.

It might be spewy but I like to 3-bet these flops because this forces the BB to define his hand. If he calls and leads the turn, your pair is most likely beat but you often have 11 outs. So in this scenario I call the turn and fold the river UI. If the BB calls the flop 3-bet and checks the turn its often a big club so I bet a non-club turn and take a free showdown. I fold if he leads a club turn after getting 3-bet on the flop. I bet/fold a club turn if he checks and often bet the river also. If the BB caps the flop you're probably going to see a pair and a big club or a flush more often than not unless he's hyper-agressive so I have no problem folding the turn UI after that.

joker122
07-14-2005, 08:37 PM
i call/call/call.