PDA

View Full Version : Preserving the bubble (again)

11t
07-14-2005, 06:14 PM
Was looking thru my HH and I found this one. Now I know that preserving the bubble is important to getting a big stack and winning 1sts, but is my hand too good to fold here?

Perhaps hand value in this situation is a moot point, but any input is appreciated

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t400 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG (t3050)
Button (t2335)
SB (t905)
Hero (t7210)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to t880</font>, Hero...

ryanvick
07-14-2005, 06:24 PM
I preserve the bubble a lot... but in this situation the small stack goes 1300 and has button next, which is another steal position... so while you do have a big edge right now i would call in that position (decent hand, and only 400 more to small stack, so if your beat fine, but you didn't complicate the game by letting the small stack in)
i really trust my ability to outplay everyone shorthanded with that many chips.
Again if he wasn't gonna have that pos. next hand and a few other factors i'd fold...
tell me where i'm wrong please....

curtains
07-14-2005, 06:27 PM
I call for sure, not even remotely close IMO

Bigwig
07-14-2005, 06:31 PM
Eh, I think you might be past extending the bubble here. Remember, you don't get to steal every hand. Shorty is going to get called sooner or later by one of the other stacks. Especially when he's THIS small. It's so plus EV to call, you might as well. And if you lose--bubble extended.