PDA

View Full Version : General KK-question.

kongo_totte
07-14-2005, 05:52 PM
This hand happened to me today. Was unsure on how to handle it. I'm not folding ever on that flop. I was just wondering whether I try to keep the pot small or if I pump the pot myself. Shortest stack is $60. Say there is no reads.

PP NL50. I'm MP w/ K K.

UTG min.raises to $1, UTG+1 min.raises to $1:50, folded to me who makes it $4:50, folded to UTG who makes it $7, only I call.

Flop ($15) T 5 2r (2 players)

Villian checks, Hero....?

swolfe
07-14-2005, 05:58 PM
i would have raised more...$4.75 pot after your call, so a pot raise would make it $6.25 to go.

as played, on the flop...i'd bet $12. he probably has AK/AQ or something...if he check-raises, it's still pretty likely that he has QQ/JJ as well as AA. his preflop play was too donkish for me to give him credit.

iceman5
07-14-2005, 06:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This hand happened to me today. Was unsure on how to handle it. I'm not folding ever on that flop. I was just wondering whether I try to keep the pot small or if I pump the pot myself. Shortest stack is $60. Say there is no reads.

PP NL50. I'm MP w/ K K.

UTG min.raises to $1, UTG+1 min.raises to $1:50, folded to me who makes it $4:50, folded to UTG who makes it $7, only I call.

Flop ($15) T 5 2r (2 players)

Villian checks, Hero....?

[/ QUOTE ]

At the $50NL Party game, the idiot factor is probably pretty high so who knows what the guy has, but he has minimum raised twice preflop. I have yet to see anyone do that and not have AA.

I havent played the $50 game in a long time, but I think there at least 90% chance he has AA unless youve seen him do other idiotic things like this in the past.

amoeba
07-14-2005, 06:32 PM
I think AA is highly likely and I check behind on this flop.

kongo_totte
07-14-2005, 06:42 PM
But you don't ever fold this right, if the turn rags?

Alex/Mugaaz
07-14-2005, 06:51 PM
I agree with what you say except that the villain checked the flop which is highly unusual after the double min raise crap. Most of the donks here are orgasming and madly waiting to puuuuuuuuuuush on the flop. I think chances the situation is less bleak then you paint it.

iceman5
07-14-2005, 06:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But you don't ever fold this right, if the turn rags?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont ever fold? About the only thing I dont "ever" do is fold AA preflop.

I try to get to showdown as cheaply as possible because like I said, unless you have a read that says hes a total moron, I think he has AA.

If he fired out some huge turn bet, I would fold.

iceman5
07-14-2005, 06:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I agree with what you say except that the villain checked the flop which is highly unusual after the double min raise crap. Most of the donks here are orgasming and madly waiting to puuuuuuuuuuush on the flop. I think chances the situation is less bleak then you paint it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You could be right, but I still prefer to get to showdown cheaply.

amoeba
07-14-2005, 07:05 PM
I have a hard time folding, sure.

theben
07-14-2005, 07:23 PM
this really looks like AA and a planned flop CR

ajmargarine
07-14-2005, 08:29 PM
I'll be interested to know if villian has AA here. I can see explanation for his play preflop if he doesn't have AA. The first miniraise could mean anything. His second miniraise could be villians way of isolating Hero (OOP, but nobody's perfect), and getting UTG+1 to fold. Also, getting information from Hero who would probably reraise if he has AA or KK.

kongo_totte
07-14-2005, 08:34 PM
Well, I have yet to fold KK in SSNL pre-flop without a good read, and on that board, if I fold it, it is as a pre-flop fold. I will try to keep the pot small though.

I checked behind on the flop. The turn ragged, he checked again (???). I bet 3/4, he folded. I guess we'll never know for sure, but I doubt he had A A /images/graemlins/laugh.gif.

iceman5
07-14-2005, 08:39 PM
Nice hand.