PDA

View Full Version : 3/6 On The Button

calvin
02-18-2003, 04:12 PM
Hello,

Typical 3/6 game at CP. Folded to me on the button. I have J9o and decide to raise. I believe the small blind will call about 75% of the time and there is a good chance the BB will fold. Both the SB and the BB call.

Flop: T 9 4r

Checked to me, I bet. Both call.

Turn: T 9 4 8r.

Checked to me, I check behind.

River: T 9 4 8 2r.

Checked to me, I bet. SB calls, BB folds.

Results to follow with my thoughts.

Any and all commments appreciated.

Calvin

calvin
02-18-2003, 04:15 PM
Hello,

My hand was good. The SB barked about how "aggressive" my play was.

I knew if I was going to play preflop that I should raise, and thought there was a reasonable chance to simply take the blinds.

I think my turn check is questionable, especially as I picked up a big straight draw. However, I thought it would be hard for the blinds to put me on a hand, and it may look like I am simply betting overcards, so if I do make my straight I may be able to raise a bet on the river - which would likely come from the somewhat aggressive SB.

Calvin

pudley4
02-18-2003, 04:17 PM
Why the turn check when you pick up the straight draw? Were you worried about a check-raise? Were you hoping to induce a bluff on the river?

I bet the turn and probably the river.

Rube
02-18-2003, 04:25 PM
J9 is enough to raise with on the button. I'd bet the turn every time with middle pair after picking up a straight draw. Good bet on the river, it sounds like these players would call you down with an 8 or a low pocket pair

lil'
02-18-2003, 06:17 PM
I think that not betting the turn here is a big mistake, especially in light of the fact that you have picked up additional outs and your hand is stronger. However, it's stil only a middle pair with a mediocre kicker, and you can't just let the others draw for free when you hold such a weak hand.

Bet.

Dynasty
02-18-2003, 06:23 PM
I think my turn check is questionable

What was the name of that little cartoon movie reveiwer character?

"It Stinks!"

bad beetz
02-18-2003, 06:27 PM
depending on your opponents, I'd probably follow through on the turn AND river. You likely have the best hand without needing the straight.