PDA

View Full Version : Huge stack playing a weak bubble

boudge7
07-14-2005, 05:11 PM
Setting the scene: $30 Sng on PP. I'm 2nd in chips t2000, the leader has approximately t5000, and the small stacks each have about t500. Big stack is directly to my right. Blinds are 50/100 and he limps nearly every hand. My thought is to fold and let him kill one of the small stacks, but he doesn't ever push pre or post flop. How would anyone play this. Limp and hope to hit the flop to take control? I think a reraise is not the greatest idea as I'm not really seeing big stack show down many hands. Any advice would be great.

lastchance
07-14-2005, 05:14 PM
Fold ITM. Steal when you can, but getting into a confrontation without being way ahead would suck. Limp along with small PP's hoping to take his stack. Play position.

tminus
07-14-2005, 05:30 PM
so he's passive...dont limp

does he fold his limpwrist if you raise ? if 'yes', steal his blinds, if 'no' raise with good hands

with 40 BB you can afford to run a little test like this to see how he reacts

id also run through the hand histories to see if his flop check is real and if he's calling flop bet with weak stuff like middle pairs and draws, etc...

oh and hammer on the small stacks when he's not in the thwy will get anxious and you have to lean on them to they will play with the big stack instead of you