PDA

View Full Version : Blind Steal Sqush

AliasMrJones
07-14-2005, 04:41 PM
Party $55 SnG. Down to 5, blinds at 15/30.

SB: 2,800
AliasMrJones (BB): 1,840

AliasMrJones is dealt Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif9/images/graemlins/heart.gif

Folded to SB who raises to 75. Small raise from SB makes me think steal. AliasMrJones calls.

Flop is K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif6/images/graemlins/club.gifJ/images/graemlins/heart.gif

Pot is 150. SB bets 100, AliasMrJones raises to 350, SB calls.

Turn is 9/images/graemlins/club.gif

Pot is now 850. SB checks, AliasMrJones bets 500...

Comments?

Phill S
07-14-2005, 04:45 PM
His TQ just hit?

Fold the flop.

Phill

Superfluous Man
07-14-2005, 04:55 PM
Ugh, I fold this preflop and don't give it a second thought.

If you have that many chips at level 2, you're already in great position to win this later on by aggressively stealing blinds, and you're certainly not looking to get in a confrontation holding Q9o with a stack that can bust you. Let him have those 30 chips.

On the flop, the raise is good if you think he's just making a c-bet and will fold. The turn bet is good, especially if you think he'll fold something like middle pair. If he calls that bet (or raises), you're definitely screwed and should fold. Not many rivers I'd want to bet if he checks to me (maybe a third 9 or a T), and I would only call the smallest of river bets here unless I to trips or better.

tminus
07-14-2005, 05:01 PM
??
only four cards in the deck that could bail you out

hyde
07-14-2005, 05:12 PM
my first thought was 'you are phucked'
my comment is fold

moot points are
1. I would not have reraised the flop
2. I would not have called preflop

AliasMrJones
07-14-2005, 05:21 PM
I felt compelled to make the turn bet after raising the flop and just getting called. I was wondering why, oh why didn't I just let the 30 go- I mean I had a nice size stack and plenty of room to play later..., as I was betting the 500, though.

AliasMrJones
07-14-2005, 06:30 PM
I was perhaps a bit over-aggressive since I've been reading "How Good Is Your Limit Hold-'Em" which is is quite aggressive and the plays in the book were in my mind as I was playing last night.

Anyway, after I bet 500, SB folded and for the rest of the tourney limped from the button or SB when folded to everything, but once. Don't know whether he didn't want to mess with me any more after this exchange or he really had a hand like AJ or QQ and felt I had paired the board K.

It was way risky. At the time I was thinking he had Ax, though I know that is much too limited a hand range to put him on.