PDA

View Full Version : Bay 101 Midnight Tournament

KornGeek
07-14-2005, 04:07 PM
I was at Bay 101 last night and saw that they have midnight tournaments twice a week.

Has anybody played in one of these? How are they skill-wise? What does the pay schedule look like?

I'm considering playing, but I'd like to get more info first.

Thanks.

loose passive
07-14-2005, 07:40 PM
I cleaned up last summer on these tourneys. I was waiting for them to start up again. What days do they run? Last year I think it was Tuesday and Thursday.

Skill wise I thought the games were very easy. I am just a beginner tourney player yet I was able to cash in like 1/3 of the tourneys I played as well as 2-3 bubble bust outs.

They payout seemed pretty good. Usually it was top 9 or 10 paid. A few times when down to 10 and only 9 were paid there would be a vote to pay 10th his money back. First place was usually paid about 3k +/-, and 2nd a little less than 2k or so.

Overall it was a good time with some very poor players.

One downside was that most the times there were too many people entered. Most of the time they were still adding tables when the tourney already started and sometimes over 1/3 of the field would be alternates. I was an alternate once and did not get seated until almost 1 hour into it.

Let me know if you are going to play I have been meaning to get in some more tourneys.

KornGeek
07-18-2005, 04:15 PM
I know they run on Thursday mornings (Wednesday nights), but I forget if the other morning was Monday or Tuesday.

I'm still saving up a bit before I enter. I'll let you know.