PDA

View Full Version : 3 Handed PStars $1/2 NL: Value bet river

tdomeski
07-14-2005, 03:50 PM
No reads just sat down. .

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (3 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

SB ($202.80)
BB ($68)
Hero ($207.85)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4</font>, SB calls $3, BB calls $2.

Flop: ($12) J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $6</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $12</font>, BB folds, Hero calls $6.

Turn: ($36) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $10</font>, SB calls $10.

River: ($56) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero

amoeba
07-14-2005, 03:52 PM
I don't like the turn bet.

I probably check behind on turn, bet if checked to on river.

kingofswing
07-14-2005, 03:59 PM
I hate turn bet. It's case of you are either way ahead or way behind. He's got the flush, or he's got a pair of jacks. Either way, playing this out of position is going to be disastrous. The sad thing is he gave you a way out on the flop by min-raising. Don't let yourself get is an awkward situation like that and just make a big flop raise. You've already raised with 65o, hit it big, and gotten someone to raise you on the flop. I'd make a big raise on the flop.

If he called and turn card came, I'd bet half the pot, fold to a raise, and if checked to on the river, check behind.

ajmargarine
07-14-2005, 04:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't like the size of the turn bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

3 handed, minicheckraise into a button steal, nuff said.

If you check behind here on the turn, you invite a big bet on the river from villian. And your 2 pair don't want to see that. The last bet ended up being $12 on the flop. I think when you go under that it's weak. $10 prices him in if he has a pair and a nice club. $15-$18 protects your hand, isn't weak, and prices him out of one of his most likely holdings that you beat. (And it's not too expensive to get away from if he comes over the top of you)

As far as your river play here: I would check behind, as your possible flush would probably shut him down if he has over one pair.

amoeba
07-14-2005, 04:44 PM
the river bet will perhaps be big relative to the pot but it won't be big literally.

I agree the sizing is off but I'm not sure a bet in the 15-18 range does that much for you unless if called, you fold to any river lead.

ajmargarine
07-14-2005, 05:40 PM
If you bet $10, villian has odds to call with a lone club in his hand to catch a flush. (Hero's boat outs vs. Villians pairing his second card outs (if he has one pair already) basically cancel each other out in calculating the pot odds). If you bet $15-$18, villian does not have pot odds to call for the flush, and will fold a greater % of the time (granted probably a small %) than if you had just bet $10.

It's kind of a moot point anyway, as king gave us the best line, which is to reraise the flop checkraise.

JaBlue
07-14-2005, 05:48 PM
If you decide to raise preflop, you should raise to 6$. Here BB will and should call with any two, which is not the best of outcomes for your 65 unless you feel he is terrible and its worth the min-raise to isolate him (assuming SB doesn't come along which is likely)

On the turn you simply have to bet more. A 4th club will be disastrous because it will often give away the pot and it will kill your action in the case that he doesn't have a club either.

Bet the turn ~25$

Given that you didn't, bet 35$ on the river. Its freakin' 3 handed and your opponent could have tons of different hands. You beat almost all of them.

xcrack999
07-14-2005, 10:56 PM
I really don't like a flop reraise here. Your hand is pretty well-disguised right now. Reraising will just let villain make all the right decisions.

srm80
07-14-2005, 11:20 PM
why did you only min-raise on the flop? if you are going to make a raise make it around 18, or just call and disguise your 2 pair until the turn. I don't like the flush draw, so I am definitely not slowplaying two pair with a flush draw on board. If he has an overpair and you 3X his raise, he could push all in and show down QQ when you call. Maybe somebody else has a good reason to keep your 2 pair disguised here, but with the flush draw on board I never slowplay a hand as vulnerable as 2 pair.

xcrack999
07-14-2005, 11:25 PM
Hero didn't minraise the flop. SB did.