PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed by the Vegas Midstakes NL games

slickpoppa
07-14-2005, 03:45 PM
So I was in Vegas for the main event and played some 2-5 and 5-10 NL on the side and was dissappointed by the action. My sample size was small and many of the games were on weekdays and/or during the day, but I was still disappointed by the games in Vegas. The Borgata NL games on weekends are MUCH jucier than any of the NL games I played at in Vegas. I mostly played at the Wynn and Mirage. I didn't play at the Bellagio because the wait was ridicidulous and the 2-5 game is capped at $200 and they don't have a 5-10 game. Would anyone agree with me that the mid-NL games in AC are better?

coolhandluke
07-14-2005, 03:51 PM
I would tend to agree with you, I used to live a few hours from AC, and would go there frequently. I think the main reason why is that you have Philly and NYC so close, that a ton of people just want to go down and play for a little bit, more casual, drunk, stupid fishies, whereas it takes more effort to get to vegas, ruling out the most clueless of fish.

neotope
07-14-2005, 04:01 PM
I don't like the NL games at The Mirage, I find the 10/20 and higher limit games to be much better. I think the best 2/5 NL in Vegas is at the Grand.

elena_elphie
07-14-2005, 08:45 PM
I thought the 2/5 I played at the Mirage was great, but the 5/10 at the Palms was the toughest NL game I've ever sat in.

ohkanada
07-14-2005, 09:56 PM
The 2-5 at palms was very good. Quite action packed. The 2-5 at mirage wasn't too bad as well. A few tough players but a few huge stacks that were playing every hand. The RIO 2-5 wasn't too bad as well.

Maybe the Borgata games are really good.

Ken

dankhank
07-14-2005, 10:34 PM
i saw an old guy fold kings preflop to a $130 reraise at the mirage 2-5 this weekend. his opponent then turned over aces and i knew it was time to switch tables. in general i didn't find the action in vegas particularly good in the last week - maybe it was the wsop, maybe it was my sample. i played with a lot of european players in the wynn NL games, in town for the wsop, and they were tougher on average. whatever it was, it made me miss sitting in my room winning money online faster.

whiskeytown
07-14-2005, 10:57 PM
my biggest win was a 2/5 NL game at the Grand - $700 pot where one guy called my $50 preflop re-raise with KJ - (he cold called it - I of course had AA) -

got all the money in vs. KJ and KK - good times.

RB