PDA

View Full Version : My 8-table setup on 1 monitor.

Deuce2High
07-14-2005, 02:53 PM
This is done on a Dell Inspiron 9100 Laptop. The resolution I use is 1920 x 1200.

I play on my roomy's (Raptor517) monitor set-up sometimes and I find that this works quite the same for me.

So for any of you that are too poor to buy another monitor, try this out. It works well for me, at least.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a326/msilvestri/8-tables.jpg

jeffraider
07-14-2005, 02:55 PM
Not too shabby! Good layout.

mlagoo
07-14-2005, 02:58 PM
"fu ck you you went in allin with 8's
you got lucky that i didn't have anything"

"no, ur just a big dummy"

the level of discourse at an online poker table is really top notch.

wulfheir
07-14-2005, 03:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"fu ck you you went in allin with 8's
you got lucky that i didn't have anything"

"no, ur just a big dummy"

the level of discourse at an online poker table is really top notch.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is the first thing I saw when looking at the screenshot.

Nice layout too.

Bluff Daddy
07-14-2005, 03:10 PM
why not just get a cheap 19" monitor, that would drive me crazy but maybe thats just me

raptor517
07-14-2005, 03:22 PM
i have a 19" crt sitting in my room that he just refuses to use. what a tool. holla

Deuce2High
07-14-2005, 03:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i have a 19" crt sitting in my room that he just refuses to use. what a tool. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

I happen to be a fan of compactness /images/graemlins/smile.gif

darcythepug
07-14-2005, 04:06 PM
How can you get 8 Empire tables up?

Also, I have been multitabling recently on Empire and Eurobet and I find that the lobby screen doesn't refresh often enough to get into games. You look at them they say there are 7 spots open, you open the table and they are in Level II already. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Didn't mean to hijack the thread...

Darcy

Chief911
07-14-2005, 04:11 PM
Darcy,

Double click on the left hand window of the limit you are using and that will manually refresh the list.

Nick

Supersetoy
07-14-2005, 04:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How can you get 8 Empire tables up?

Darcy

[/ QUOTE ]

And...can I do it on party?

Total noob question. I already feel guilty.

Phill S
07-14-2005, 04:42 PM
You need multiple accounts at the skin.

Its very against Ts&Cs, and if they catch you, take all your money and eat your liver with farther beans and quiantee i wont shed a tear for you.

Phill

gildwulf
07-14-2005, 04:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Its very against Ts&Cs, and if they catch you, take all your money and eat your liver with farther beans and quiantee i wont shed a tear for you.

Phill

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand why you would take this risk for 8 tabling...you can get 25% rakeback at 3 party skins (12 tabling)...

darcythepug
07-14-2005, 05:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Phill

[/ QUOTE ]

farther beans and quiantee??? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

ryanvick
07-14-2005, 05:09 PM
and raptor uses all different skins i think, he's just anti raptor i guess.... rapt... do u think overlay is a disadvantage or does it matter? the only laptop w/o overlay is that dell xuma or whatever... I guess with internet poker mark cubans anticipation of the extinction of the pc is a bit aways...

mlagoo
07-14-2005, 05:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Phill

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sometimes when its that egregious i just chalk it up to some inside joke that i dont get.

if not.. wowza.

Phill S
07-14-2005, 05:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Phill

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats what i get for not googling my references for spelling:

"A census take once tried to test me, i ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti"
Silence of the Lambs

Phill

Deuce2High
07-14-2005, 05:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Phill

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand why you would take this risk for 8 tabling...you can get 25% rakeback at 3 party skins (12 tabling)...

[/ QUOTE ]

I get 30%

Annulus
07-14-2005, 05:18 PM
i would go crazy playing 8 over the fuc lapped tables! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif but that is just me. i got to give you some credit cuz you still had the patience to maintain a long conversation with me at our table! /images/graemlins/blush.gif

ryanvick
07-14-2005, 05:20 PM
who's the chick on your wallpaper?? raptor's mom?, no but another question bout your laptop, i use a hp right now, but might get the dell inspi... to 8 table w/o extensions.. but has it given you any trouble.. our university's tech depart gives us good deals with the dells but a bunch of students are running into problems with them... just wondering b4 i go buy one, thanks

TiderInsider
07-14-2005, 05:22 PM
Is that a crotch I spot at the bottom of the screen?

EDIT: Ryan beat me to it.

Deuce2High
07-14-2005, 05:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Elisha Cuthbert's

Deuce2High
07-14-2005, 05:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
who's the chick on your wallpaper?? raptor's mom?, no but another question bout your laptop, i use a hp right now, but might get the dell inspi... to 8 table w/o extensions.. but has it given you any trouble.. our university's tech depart gives us good deals with the dells but a bunch of students are running into problems with them... just wondering b4 i go buy one, thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

I think a Dell Inspiron or a Sony VAIO are the BEST way to go for poker computer. My roomate's VAIO has a wider screen and truthfully it is higher quality as well. I think that Dell offers much better discounts and pricing in general. Get a lot of ram and a decent video card if you plan on having 10 windows open (8tabling) while also searching the web, using AOL, etc.

Bigwig
07-14-2005, 05:45 PM
So YOU are AllInLuckBot. We play against each other all the damn time.

I'm still going incognito for now.

MegaBet
07-14-2005, 06:22 PM
I currently 4-table and try to get a seat at each of the 4 corners because I have a little overlap on my 17-inch laptop screen. Planning on getting a 23-inch flatscreen soon though, which will fix the problem.

Deuce2High
07-14-2005, 06:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I currently 4-table and try to get a seat at each of the 4 corners because I have a little overlap on my 17-inch laptop screen. Planning on getting a 23-inch flatscreen soon though, which will fix the problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you tried increasing your resolutions? Most laptops run 1600-1200 resolution which AFAIK would have no overlap on a 17'' monitor.

Deuce2High
07-14-2005, 06:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is done on a Dell Inspiron 9100 Laptop. The resolution I use is 1920 x 1200.

I play on my roomy's (Raptor517) monitor set-up sometimes and I find that this works quite the same for me.

So for any of you that are too poor to buy another monitor, try this out. It works well for me, at least.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a326/msilvestri/8-tables.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

I want to add to this post that I use the Empire on the left with all of the coordinating games on the left. The Empire on the right coordinates all of the games on the right. I also make sure my left / right Empires coordinate with my start menu button tabs so when I bust out of a tournament I just click on the left / right tab and it is pretty easy this way.

I also put a line in my desktop background down the middle using MSPaint so that it is easy for me to center everything. I keep my icons on the top of my desktop so I can access my spreadsheets or my calculator.

Deuce2High
07-14-2005, 06:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a326/msilvestri/elisha.png
Elisha Cuthbert's

[/ QUOTE ]

Slim Pickens
07-14-2005, 06:57 PM
Why don't you just play with all the windows minimized and look at the background?

Mr_J
07-15-2005, 01:24 AM
Good layout. Yeh 8tabling with 2 1600x1200 is very doable. Course you have an advantage with the wide screen. I have 6 running on my dell lcd and 2 on my laptop, works fine (although I want 2 1600x1200 for no overlap, although I'll prob end up 12 tabling on it /images/graemlins/smirk.gif).

You still have normal graphics?? Turn characters off and get a no chairs mod.

lacky
07-15-2005, 01:46 AM
You obviosly get some anal kind of joy f'n around setting this up just so, but it's a huge waste of time. The reason having all the games visible is better is being able to monitor all the action on all the tables at a glance. So, you can keep your setup, but it will hurt your results.

There is actually a reason the top players here and in the other forums all use pretty much the same setup...

Steve

microbet
07-15-2005, 02:25 AM
Dell's reputation for laptop quality has gone down a lot and that is consistent with my experience. I have a very old one, which is fine, and I had a newer one which worked ok, but was loud and overheated if anything came anywhere near the fan intake, which was located on the bottom.

I've got a Toshiba now, which I like much better so far.

microbet
07-15-2005, 02:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Do you find it easier to see what is going on? I feel like during a game I remember who has done what better with the characters on.

Unoriginalname
07-15-2005, 03:52 AM
Man you overlap guys are crazy. That would drive me absolutely nuts. I'm sure having overlap has to hurt the ROI by atleast a percentage point or two. But to each his own.

Mr_J
07-15-2005, 04:04 AM
"I feel like during a game I remember who has done what better with the characters on."

Seen people say that. I guess I'd say it makes things more comfortable. Less going on, and much duller colours (easier on the eyes, easier to multitable for longer). I definately like the mod I use alot better than the party skins.

Unoriginalname
07-15-2005, 04:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Do you find it easier to see what is going on? I feel like during a game I remember who has done what better with the characters on.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with microbet, I find it easier to remember who did what. I also like to see people's gender. I won't make moves based solely on gender, but I do take it into consideration sometimes.