PDA

View Full Version : "Boiler Room" on USA right now

Morpheus
07-14-2005, 02:38 PM
All you poor guys should watch. Well, I'm poor so I'm watching, too just so you know. Good movie. Later. Just missed the "act as if " speech , though but hopefully it'll be on again later in the day

jakethebake
07-14-2005, 02:46 PM
Meh.

PorscheNGuns
07-14-2005, 02:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just missed the "act as if " speech , though but hopefully it'll be on again later in the day

[/ QUOTE ]

In between copying Wall Street almost scene for scene, this screenwriter managed to fit in a rip off of Glengarry Glen Ross.

Not at all creative, let alone "brilliant", but still a decent movie.

-Matt

IndieMatty
07-14-2005, 02:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just missed the "act as if " speech , though but hopefully it'll be on again later in the day

[/ QUOTE ]

In between copying Wall Street almost scene for scene, this screenwriter managed to fit in a rip off of Glengarry Glen Ross.

Not at all creative, let alone "brilliant", but still a decent movie.

-Matt

[/ QUOTE ]

Just for clarification...the Affleck scene is an homage to GGR. It's quite intentional.

In and of itself this move does not suck and in fact is a pretty good rewatchable flick.

trying2learn
07-14-2005, 02:54 PM
there was a long thread a month or two ago about this topic. some GGR fans were pretty upset that the two films were used in the same sentence. but i agree with you.

bort411
07-14-2005, 03:00 PM
I've been watching for about half an hour. This is the possibly the worst film ever made. Seven guys sitting in a bare room watching Wall Street...that's screenwriting? That scene lasted like 10 minutes! Why didn't USA just show Wall Street? Also Vin Diesel, who I assume is from the US, barely speaks coherent English.

Wintermute
07-14-2005, 03:08 PM
I like the part where the guy with the wife and two young kids fritters away $15k or whatever on some BS stock and his wife chews him out. That always makes me laugh.

Hal 2000
07-14-2005, 03:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I like the part where the guy with the wife and two young kids fritters away $15k or whatever on some BS stock and his wife chews him out. That always makes me laugh.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Oh yeah, I forgot to you I bought a 'little bit' of stock today ( thumb and forefinger an inch apart)"

tek
07-15-2005, 04:42 PM
Best line of the movie was when the guys were in a Manhatten bar and one starts razzing a couple of gays. Something like 'You people should be on your own island'.

Gay guy: We are /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

DMBFan23
07-15-2005, 04:53 PM
yeah but that [censored]'s yellow, rizzy's the color, nugga

Catch of the Day
07-15-2005, 04:57 PM
We actually watched it last night...It was as good as I remembered it, but I was told that basically, its just a mix of wallstreet and Glenn Gary Glenn Ross. I have seen neither so I wouldn't know.

Catch-

tek
07-15-2005, 05:08 PM
GGR was a great movie with Jack Lemmon and Al Pacino.

trying2learn
07-15-2005, 05:12 PM
don't forget ed harris and alec baldwin - great show.

bernie
07-15-2005, 05:19 PM
Easily Vin Diesels best movie. (not a big pitch black fan)

b