PDA

View Full Version : My Dickhead Neighbor Who Threatened to Sue Me, Part 2

ripdog
07-14-2005, 02:35 PM
He's back! He got his easement accross the condo owners property--Here's the link to the first thread:

My neighbor threatens to sue me (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2568270&page=&view=&sb=5& o=&fpart=1&vc=1)

We signed off on a maintenance agreement that included "clarification of ambiguities" to an existing easement. My wife and I insisted that any language discussing encumbrances upon our property be stricken from this agreement. The original agreement had a section devoted to describing in detail how our lot was burdened by an easement for two properties to the west of us. So his attorney dropped that section with no argument and we signed off.

On Monday my doorbell rang and there he was again. He says now that the City of Bellevue is telling him that he doesn't have an easement accross my property. I've been stringing him along and his messages are getting more and more desperate. In his last message to my cell phone he's crying about serious financial distress and how he's having problems with his family. He claims that the guy who bought the property is now suing him and he's in big trouble. I don't believe any of it. The guy has been a shitty neighbor from day 1, has been disrespectful to both of us, has told me that "perhaps you should consider beating your wife, it works wonders", and was a total pain in the ass over the last issue. He called my cell phone 12 times in 10 hours and left 5 messages on Tuesday. So I think I'm going to tell him that my wife is really pissed about his wife-beating comment, that she won't even discuss it, and that I'm trying to convince her to hand the new easement agreement over to our attorney. What's my next play?

jakethebake
07-14-2005, 02:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What's my next play?

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep ignoring him. What a dirtbag.

wayabvpar
07-14-2005, 02:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
City of Bellevue

[/ QUOTE ]

Somehow this fact eluded me the in the first thread. I live and work in Bellevue- what part of town are we talking about?

stabn
07-14-2005, 02:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
City of Bellevue

[/ QUOTE ]

Somehow this fact eluded me the in the first thread. I live and work in Bellevue- what part of town are we talking about?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think he mentioned it in the first one. That, or i just didn't realize it either.

EliteNinja
07-14-2005, 03:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What's my next play?

[/ QUOTE ]

Tell him "So sue me!".
What a ditzwad.

MoreWineII
07-14-2005, 03:06 PM
I don't know about ignoring him, he sounds slightly whacko.

ddollevoet
07-14-2005, 03:39 PM
Now that you know that you can't be sued, you can take the following attitude:

It's not your problem.

He was a prick to you and your wife and now he wants you to bend over backwards to help him out of a jam that he got himself into? F him. It's not your problem.

Stuey
07-14-2005, 03:41 PM
Clearly he is a jerk but you have to live next to him. How long you plan on living here? Might be worth it to turn down the heat on him as he sounds like the type that might snap. And so far in his little mind he seems to be blaming you and your wife for all his problems. Do you have much to gain or lose here or is it just a pissing match? Just might not be worth it in the long run. gl

Jeff W
07-14-2005, 03:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What's my next play?

[/ QUOTE ]

Grow some balls and tell him to go [censored] himself.

ripdog
07-14-2005, 04:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
City of Bellevue

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what it's called--West of Crossroads, east of Midlakes, not Overlake, not Eastgate or Lake Hills. Near Sammamish HS, Odle MS, and Stevenson Elementary.

Cry Me A River
07-14-2005, 04:08 PM
Two words: "Restraining Order"

ripdog
07-14-2005, 04:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Clearly he is a jerk but you have to live next to him. How long you plan on living here? Might be worth it to turn down the heat on him as he sounds like the type that might snap. And so far in his little mind he seems to be blaming you and your wife for all his problems. Do you have much to gain or lose here or is it just a pissing match? Just might not be worth it in the long run. gl

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm loving that his shitty attitude has come back to bite him. He obviously pissed off someone at the city who is determined to make his life hell. My wife absolutely hates him and won't even speak to him. He has been in a multi-year pissing match with his other neighbor and the police have responded more than once (but not since we moved in). I think he'll offer up cash if I don't just grant him the easement. I don't believe that he's in as deep as he says he is, so him snapping is unlikely right now.

Patrick del Poker Grande
07-14-2005, 04:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
City of Bellevue

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think he mentioned it in the first one. That, or i just didn't realize it either.

[/ QUOTE ]
Isn't it just assumed that someone in OOT lives in Bellevue until proven otherwise? When in doubt, assume Bellevue.

stabn
07-14-2005, 04:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
City of Bellevue

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what it's called--West of Crossroads, east of Midlakes, not Overlake, not Eastgate or Lake Hills. Near Sammamish HS, Odle MS, and Stevenson Elementary.

[/ QUOTE ]

So we're talking between 156th and 140th south side of and to north side of the connector (se 8th)? Yah you are pretty close to a few of us :P.

stabn
07-14-2005, 04:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
City of Bellevue

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Isn't it just assumed that someone in OOT lives in Bellevue until proven otherwise? When in doubt, assume Bellevue.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not since salt left /images/graemlins/frown.gif

jakethebake
07-14-2005, 04:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What's my next play?

[/ QUOTE ]

Get drunk. Then call him?

ripdog
07-14-2005, 04:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
City of Bellevue

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So we're talking between 156th and 140th south side of and to north side of the connector (se 8th)? Yah you are pretty close to a few of us :P.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is precisely the general area that I live in!

stabn
07-14-2005, 04:49 PM
Cool, yah, i have no idea what that area is called either and i drive through it every day on my way home.

Stuey
07-14-2005, 05:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He has been in a multi-year pissing match with his other neighbor and the police have responded more than once (but not since we moved in).

[/ QUOTE ]

Your next move should be to talk to this neighbour and find out what to expect. I'm sure he will try the same crap on you he used on the neighbour. gl

wayabvpar
07-14-2005, 07:00 PM
Is Stevenson the school they totally tore down and are rebuilding on SE 8th? I drive by that site every day on the way home. I bet you and I have driven past each other, stabn =)

stabn
07-14-2005, 07:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is Stevenson the school they totally tore down and are rebuilding on SE 8th? I drive by that site every day on the way home. I bet you and I have driven past each other, stabn =)

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably. Or i've rode your bumper as i f'ing hate that 25mph section.