PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Stop and Go

GTSamIAm
07-14-2005, 02:31 PM
This is one weird betting sequence. What does this guy have?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
Hero calls, MP calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP folds, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, SB calls.

River: (11 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13 BB

topspin
07-14-2005, 02:34 PM
Looks good to me. 44 afraid of your spade draw?

wpzone
07-14-2005, 02:34 PM
no reads? 44 maybe

Bodhi
07-14-2005, 02:35 PM
Something like A4 perhaps? When bad players pair their crappy kicker, they often play just like this, unable to fathom that their hand might not be best. "Who's this guy raising me? I have Aces up!" /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Bodhi
07-14-2005, 02:35 PM
44 isn't doing a stop-n-go.

davelin
07-14-2005, 02:41 PM
Hate the open-limp in 6m. Post-flop looks fine.

GTSamIAm
07-14-2005, 02:42 PM
What about my turn line? It looks bad now, raising into a flop 3-bettor on a draw barren board. But calling and folding suck, so I guess I'm left to raise.

silkyslim
07-14-2005, 02:43 PM
Get some reads on this barnacle. I like your play though. NH.

GTSamIAm
07-14-2005, 02:46 PM
You're saying it's raise or fold? I disagree. The 6m tables I've played on are very loose/passive preflop. Raising isn't pushing much of an edge nor is it folding enough people out. I like limping to encourage loose limpers and trying to hit a hand.

davelin
07-14-2005, 02:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You're saying it's raise or fold? I disagree. The 6m tables I've played on are very loose/passive preflop. Raising isn't pushing much of an edge nor is it folding enough people out. I like limping to encourage loose limpers and trying to hit a hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you open-limping in middle position in your full ring games too?

GTSamIAm
07-14-2005, 02:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No. I'm saying a raise here in 6m seems to be less effective than an equivalent raise at a full table.

davelin
07-14-2005, 02:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No. I'm saying a raise here in 6m seems to be less effective than an equivalent raise at a full table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Personally I disagree.

@bsolute_luck
07-14-2005, 02:57 PM
Wouldn't this decision be made according to who is behind you? a bunch of loose/passives who cold call and generally uber-passive postflop?

just a question as i vary depending on who is behind me.

Sir Bruce
07-14-2005, 03:02 PM
I see a few possibilities for the villain - slowplayed AA, 44, or two pair with A4 or K4, maybe even Ace-rag.

I like the flop and turn, but you should raise the river. Do you think SB was playing JT like that on the flop? If he has a set or AQ, you'll pay him off, but you beat his two-pair hands and TPNK hands way too often to just call that river.

@bsolute_luck
07-14-2005, 03:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I see a few possibilities for the villain - slowplayed AA, 44, or two pair with A4 or K4, maybe even Ace-rag.

I like the flop and turn, but you should raise the river. Do you think SB was playing JT like that on the flop? If he has a set or AQ, you'll pay him off, but you beat his two-pair hands and TPNK hands way too often to just call that river.

[/ QUOTE ]

why not AQo? or AKo fearing a flush draw that'll come on the river? no reads, i think reraising the river is spewing HU. and villain does NOT have JT

GTSamIAm
07-14-2005, 03:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

why not AQo? or AKo fearing a flush draw that'll come on the river? no reads, i think reraising the river is spewing HU. and villain does NOT have JT

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. There's nothing to suggest JT. I fear a better two pair or a possible but unlikely set. The river donkbet seems like he might be saying, oooh, I just made a two pair. Bet.

joda mas
07-14-2005, 03:12 PM
It looks like K4 or A4. I like your turn raise. I usually just call this river bet, too.

Sir Bruce
07-14-2005, 03:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My point was exactly that - villain does NOT have JT. My claim is that the villain plays like this with AJ, AT, Ax, A4, or K4. There's no reason to put villain specifically on AQ or 44. Against the range of hands villain plays, we beat most of them, AND he'll call us down.