PDA

View Full Version : Remind me how to win the most here...

SomethingClever
07-14-2005, 01:46 PM
I've been playing 6-max for so long, I forgot how to play full ring. I think I won about the minimum here.

Live 3/6 at Spirit Mountain. Plays about the same as the .02/.04 on Stars.

I get A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif UTG and limp. Eleventy billion people limp behind me.

Flop:

x /images/graemlins/diamond.gif x /images/graemlins/diamond.gif x /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, with the biggest x = 10

SB checks, BB checks, I bet, 2 callers, cute girl in middle position raises, folded back to me.

I call?

2 callers also both call.

Turn: x /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I now bet out. Both callers fold, cute girl calls.

River: x offsuit.

bet, call.

I fxxed this one up, yes?

silkyslim
07-14-2005, 01:51 PM
Your avatar gives me nightmares, but is also oddly relaxing to watch. where is it from? On the hand, what did you want to do? Raise the flop, c/r the turn? Both plays face your dead money callers with 2 cold? are you confident they will call anyway with the 4-flush there?

topspin
07-14-2005, 01:52 PM
World's easiest flop 3-bet. No one's going to believe you flopped the nut flush anyhow, and you'll get a lot of action from big single /images/graemlins/diamond.gifs if a 4th diamond falls.

The way you played it with the stop-and-go when the 4th diamond falls just kills your action since it really looks like you hit your draw with a single big /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

By the way, your avatar is really disturbing dude /images/graemlins/grin.gif

sexypanda
07-14-2005, 01:53 PM
I'd fold this UTG pf. Other than that I think you played it fine. I think a flop 3-bet or a turn check-raise will chase the dead money out of the pot. I don't think there's anything you can do here.

nomadtla
07-14-2005, 01:56 PM
I three bet the flop people are less likely to give you credit for floping the nut flush if they think you're driving them out.

I think we all agree that your Avatar is disturbing, but does anyone else take a disturbingly erotic line here?

SomethingClever
07-14-2005, 01:57 PM
How do you guys feel about a flop checkraise or check/call depending on where the bet comes from?

The players were passive, but I didn't think it'd get checked around with 8 players in the pot.

topspin
07-14-2005, 01:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd fold this UTG pf.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are seriously underestimating the looseness of live 3/6 /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Fantam
07-14-2005, 01:59 PM
Perhaps you could have tried checking the turn in the hope that the girl (flop raiser) bet, so that you could then raise.

Somehow I expect that it would have been difficult to squeeze any more bets out of this hand after the 4th /images/graemlins/diamond.gif fell.

Perhaps 3-betting the flop may have gained you an extra small bet from the girl.

Fadook
07-14-2005, 02:00 PM
If the game truly is as bad as .02/.04 at Stars, then the PF limp is fine. I agree with 3-betting the flop, you'll get calls.

topspin
07-14-2005, 02:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How do you guys feel about a flop checkraise or check/call depending on where the bet comes from?

The players were passive, but I didn't think it'd get checked around with 8 players in the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like fastplaying a big hand like this for a couple of reasons:

1. Deception. When you get fancy and do things like check-raising, people tend to worry that you have a monster. When you lead out on this flop, your hand range is extremely wide, and almost no one's going to read you for a flopped nut flush.

2. With this flop, either you're going to get action or you won't. This depends entirely on what cards your opponent holds and much less on you getting tricky. If they've got no pair no diamond or bottom pair no diamond etc, nothing you do is going to induce them to call. If they've flopped two pair, a set, or have something like K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif or even another flopped flush, this flop is going to get jammed. You might as well fastplay it and hope someone plays back at you.

About the only time I really like a check-raise is if someone on your immediate left raised preflop, and you can count on them to help you trap the field. Otherwise I say just keep firing and build the pot.

car ramrod
07-14-2005, 02:12 PM
this is the best advice.

"how to win the most"
bet, and keep raising.

If you check this flop and lp bets, then you check raise and face everyone with 2 cold. If you bet, and a lp raises, then you can 3 bet and get more callers in the middle, as people don't like to fold especially after calling one bet. Sure its 2 to them again, but you'd be suprised how already calling 1 bets gets them to call 2 more.

SomethingClever
07-14-2005, 02:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you check this flop and lp bets, then you check raise and face everyone with 2 cold

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have just called if an LP player bet.

I'm with you, though... can't really go too wrong just betting and raising the nuts at every opportunity.

JordanIB
07-14-2005, 02:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
cute girl in middle position raises

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Remind me how to win the most here...

[/ QUOTE ]

Get a number.