PDA

View Full Version : PokerStars Tournament Questions

balt999
02-18-2003, 01:44 PM
I just started playing the Pokerstars tournaments, and I have a few questions:

1) How would you rate the competition? I've seen everything from very good to absolutely horrendous players.

2) What a good percentage of final table appearances should you get to be considered a good/solid Pokerstars tournament player? Let's say out of every 100 tournaments you enter with at least 100 entries...

I've done pretty well in the first two weeks of playing at Pokerstars I have 4 money finishes in 15 tournaments....At least, that's what I consider a success! Including knocking out Tom McEvoy on my way to a 3rd place finish in a $50 buy in No Limit Tournament /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

Thanks in advance

sam h
02-18-2003, 07:50 PM
There seems to be a lot of dead, or mostly lifeless, money in the Pokerstars tournies, especially the $20 and below events. At the same time, I think the number of top players is deeper than in most other sites - there are many good European players at Pokerstars, especially Scandinavian.

I seem to make the money in about one of every five 100 plus tournaments at Pokerstars. But I have had a difficult time winning - only one first place finish and three seconds in about 25 final tables.

Congrats for knocking out Tom M.!

ohkanada
02-19-2003, 10:43 AM
I think the competion does range from very good to quite bad. One thing I have noticed the past few weeks is the number of players are getting bigger and bigger. Events that would have had only 90 a few months ago now has 145. Events that would have had 150 now have 250.

The number of final tables is really not important. Sure if there are 90 players you should reach the final table 1 time out of 10. If you can do more that is good. But more importantly is when you reach the final table to get into the top spots. Your 3rd place will pay for a lot of entry fees but if you had finished 12th and got 2nd table money it is barely worth 2 entries.

Ken Poklitar