PDA

View Full Version : 10/20: FPS?

aflaba temp
07-14-2005, 12:00 PM
Winning Villain is 40/20 LAG.
Where did it go wrong if anywhere?
Is the hand marvelous.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) http://216.119.70.224/converter/hhconverter.pl

Preflop: Hero is MP with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (10 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls, Hero calls.

River: (16 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, UTG folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 19 BB

I feel I'm not thinking clearly. I'm on a sunny trip and since coming here I'm down 75BB. It sucks. I hope it's due to bad luck?

aflaba temp
07-14-2005, 12:42 PM
I was putting button on 2 pair or a set. Maybe AQ.

I figured if I checked the river I would have to call.
He would bet his set and fullhouse.
Probably not his 2 pair which I would beat.

So I went for bet+fold in this enormous pot. Win more when ahead. Lose the same when behind. I can't see there being any chance of him bluffing me out of the pot here, can you?

I really don't know if it was good. What do you think?

marand
07-14-2005, 12:45 PM
I would just check/call the river. You are most likely beaten, but with those odds I can't fold. If he just got counterfeited and tries a desperate bluff you lose a pot of almost 20 BB. If you just check and he is counterfeited don't you think there is a far chance he makes one last bet hoping that you will fold?

Perhaps your line is good, but I would never use it and I can't really say I like it in this gigantic pot.

RunDownHouse
07-14-2005, 01:16 PM
I don't like the river either, and would check/call.

Why no 3bet pf?