PDA

View Full Version : "Bet the river, a worse hand will call" !!!!

STOSH1
02-18-2003, 01:06 PM
5-10 game at the Taj over the weekend. One maniac and a couple calling stations, the rest average to good players.

First hand I made 3rd nut flush on the turn and was bet into (smaller flush) and raised the river.
Second hand, pocket queens, flop K,Q,J rainbow. I led out and got called in 3 places. Brick on the turn, bet and called again. River pairs the king, I bet out and one caller with the ignorant end of the st8.

My amazement and the reason for this post was BOTH time as the players were calling my final bets, and I quote "I knew you had me beat when the x fell but I had to call"
In the past I had checked down a lot of rivers fearing the nuts.

This time I could hear Dynasty wispering in my ear "Bet the river, a worse hand will call" !!!!
/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Forsaken
02-18-2003, 01:16 PM

Allan
02-18-2003, 01:29 PM
In a live 3-6 game I limped UTG with TT and got a few callers maybe 3 or 4.

Flop is JJ8 checked to me I bet and get one caller to my direct left who doesn't look like he wants to call but does, so I know he doesn't have a J.

turn is a T......I bet he raises....ok maybe he did have a J and I just got lucky...I reraise and he looks devestated as he calls.

River is the case T. I bet and he thinks for a second and just can't get himself to lay it down so he calls. I flip over my TT and he shows Q9o. The rest of the table (who played equally as poorly as this guy) wondered how he managed to call on the end.

Allan

bad beetz
02-18-2003, 01:40 PM
I watched player1 call last night with 8-high.

player2 said, "why you call, no way you can win?"

player1 just shook his head.

Three hands later player1 calls with J-high and gets some strange looks.

Four hands later he calls with King high and wins?!

These people were bluffing at him! Can you imagine even bluffing at this guy ever? maybe betting bottom pair for value, but jeez.

Bob T.
02-18-2003, 04:07 PM
6-12 game, with one loose player, who is catching a ton of cards, and sending the table on tilt.

A very tight player, open raises, the loose player calls.

Flop AQ8. Tight player bets, loose player calls.

Turn Q. Same action.
River A. Tight player bets once more, loose player calls, saying, I won enough already, I'll donate one back to you.

Tight Player shows 77 ( playing the board) Loose player shows 96, and takes it down.

Vehn
02-18-2003, 04:12 PM
All good hold'em stories have double paired boards. This one happened about 6 months ago and I've posted it before but its too funny not to post again.

6/12 at CP. There's like 6 limpers to the BB who checks, who is a kinda "weird" LAG. I would guess he was probably on something /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif Anyways the flop is like T 6 3 and checked around through 6 players. The turn is another ten, its checked to the unknown button who bets. The BB check raises and everyone folds back to the button who 3-bets. The BB calls. The river is another 3, the BB checks, the button bets, the BB calls, and the button says "well if you can call I can't win" and mucks his hand. The BB shows pocket twos.