PDA

View Full Version : 3 handed $2k hand w/ A9o in SB

fsuplayer
07-14-2005, 11:54 AM
dont really know the villian, it seems as if he plays ok, and might be getting a little anxious/frustrated.

5 mins ago he limps, i chk w J10o. flop is 1010cKc, i bet 60, he calls. turn, i bet 150, he makes it 350, and i push for his last 900-1000, he folds quickly.

he is about avg. agg and skills for the 2k games it seems. so competant, but not scary/crazy so far.

to the hand: again, its 3 handed. villian has 1100 to start the hand.

he makes it 50 on the button, i call with Ac9s in SB, BB folds.

flop: 9c8x7c, i chk, he bets 100, i call.

turn: 2h

i chk, he bets 250, i push.

im kinda interested in thoughts on all streets.

preflop is sometime a fold, A10 is always a call, so is a suited ace, but A9o ok here?

flop: a CR all in better? or maybe a lead?

turn: again, lead? CR? check call?

thanks guys,

fsuplayer

thabadguy
07-14-2005, 12:08 PM
I dont understand this play 3 handed. Firstly the check call on a 2tone flop is very unlikely with a set/2pair.
Secondly on turn I dont think he is gonna lay down anything that beats you (TT-AA). He is not gonna call you with anything that you beat.
I think the key here is that it is 3 handed, people will call with overpairs here almost 100% of the time.
you have a good hand, and may cause him to keep betting with Ace high into you until river,(way ahead/way behind)

rid.br
07-14-2005, 12:27 PM
I don't play these stakes. But i will post what i think:

Don't like the all in.

Think u get called by the better hands and makes the worst hands fold.

Flop: i would check-call like u did or check-raise (not all in)

Turn: The way you played the flop, i lead or check-call here. Depending on opponents.

bruce
07-14-2005, 12:42 PM
BTF I'll either call or reraise, probably more likely to reraise. Don't think it makes a big difference either way.

On the flop I like to lead and see how he reacts. If I check than I'll probably checkraise and see what he does. It's cheaper to lead, but checkraising is more psychologically intimidating to your opponent.

I don't like your turn checkraise push. You have absolutely
no idea where you stand prior to making this move. Villain
might be making small contiuation bets or he may have a big hand. Most of the time you will take the pot down with c/r
push, but the few times you're called you'll be way behind.
I doubt three handed villian will throw away overpair. I doubt he will call with a hand less then nines.

Bruce

aggie
07-14-2005, 12:50 PM
I’m not sure I like it. I think the check call / see what comes off on the turn is fine. I don’t really mind the check raise allin on the turn if you know he’s going to bet but that’s very risky. You can’t afford to give a free card at that point. Also, while it may allow your opponent to get off his drawing hand, it also easily allows him to play correctly against you (he’s gonna call with an overpair). You got a great turn card. I say you lead out by over betting the pot. If you get called, check-call the river if it’s not too dangerous.

9cao
07-14-2005, 12:50 PM
Preflop call seems pretty standard to me but would have to keep in mind that pot is already over 10% of Villains stack. Also depends on Villains aggression from button, but that seems standard for 1/3 of his hands.

I would be thinking flop CR. Once again though, since Villain's stack is fairly small he could push it all in with a wide range of hands given that board.

If you lead the turn you won't be able to price out draws and then fold to reraise. If you check-call half the deck can be a scare card. With check-raise push he is getting 2:1, so you will price out all draws, but now only get called by hands that probably beat you other than maybe T9 or T8. Don't see any good options here, and therefore I am rethinking the preflop call.

aggie
07-14-2005, 12:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I doubt he will call with a hand less then nines.

[/ QUOTE ]

The turn checkraise is not so much to get villian off a better hand but to get him to fold a big draw (or, better yet, call incorrectly)

But, I don't like it but for another reason. I think it's way to dangerous to risk a free card here

aggie
07-14-2005, 01:02 PM
I'm rethinking my turn overbet mainly because it leaves him with a odd sized stack. Maybe just lead out turn (pot sized bet) and fold to push? Is that too weak?

thabadguy
07-14-2005, 01:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm rethinking my turn overbet mainly because it leaves him with a odd sized stack. Maybe just lead out turn (pot sized bet) and fold to push? Is that too weak?

[/ QUOTE ]
No, thats what i would do.

fsuplayer
07-14-2005, 01:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you have a good hand, and may cause him to keep betting with Ace high into you until river,(way ahead/way behind)

[/ QUOTE ]

this is not necessarly a way ahead or way behind board.

you may be limiting his hand range way too much if you think thats the case.

its possible that button could be opening with any two playable cards. suited, connecting, 2-3 gappers, any A or K etc.

fsuplayer
07-14-2005, 01:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I’m not sure I like it. I think the check call / see what comes off on the turn is fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

good, that was my thinking.

[ QUOTE ]
I don’t really mind the check raise allin on the turn if you know he’s going to bet but that’s very risky.

[/ QUOTE ]

my read was that he would think i was drawing and he would bet again, he seemed frustrated.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can’t afford to give a free card at that point. Also, while it may allow your opponent to get off his drawing hand, it also easily allows him to play correctly against you (he’s gonna call with an overpair).

[/ QUOTE ]

sure, i dont really expect him to fold an overpair, but i also dont want to let him draw cheap. he will have a draw, outkicked TP, or another pair more often than an overpair right?

[ QUOTE ]
You got a great turn card. I say you lead out by over betting the pot. If you get called, check-call the river if it’s not too dangerous.

[/ QUOTE ]

if i over bet the turn(350-400) and get called, he has 500 left, and the pot is over $1k, and since he didnt raise all in he could def. have a draw, which rivers are you folding TPTK to?

ObnxNole
07-14-2005, 01:36 PM
I like your play here Mikey. I think it boils down to either you're well ahead or way behind. He's definitely calling with 1010 or better but you have outs if he does.

A CR on the flop may be a good idea to find out where you are or a lead on the flop could work as well.

I think you need to have a plan for a hand like this and determine if it's good enough to play for your entire stack(Or a good chunk of it). Interesting post... there are so many ways to play a hand like this...hope it worked out for you.

fsuplayer
07-14-2005, 01:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I like your play here Mikey. I think it boils down to either you're well ahead or way behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

he could easily have a pair + draw here, which i am ahead of, but not by a ton.

like clubs, 67, 107, 109, J9, 46 etc etc etc.