PDA

View Full Version : To those who's wives have online accounts......

winchips
07-14-2005, 11:10 AM
To those who's wives REALLY have online accounts......

my wife would like to open her first poker account. I told her party is best. I want to make it legit - do i call party and ask them if its okay that my wife plays on an account or what have you guys done? I dont want to make a "gnome" account and i want it to be okay with party. If they dont allow it what would be some sites that if i called them would be okay with that?

thanks

ttw22
07-14-2005, 11:19 AM
Have her get her own Neteller account first, then just open the account on a "clean" computer (I.E. either one that has never had any Party software on it, or one that has very carefully had the software removed, which might not evem be good enough these days) and use all honest information. They may suspend one or both of your accounts until you call them and verify that you two are seperate people, everything should be fine.

krimson
07-14-2005, 11:20 AM
Party will allow you to have more than one account in your household. They will likely require your wife to call and prove she exists though.

o0mr_bill0o
07-14-2005, 11:21 AM
i just made one for myself when my father had an account and i was staying with them. party didn't seem to have a problem with it. if something suspicious happens in the future they might hassle you a bit, but i bet you'll be able to sort it out after a phone call or two.

Mike Haven
07-14-2005, 11:22 AM
If in doubt, always ask them. I always do, and I have always been pleasantly surprised at their flexibility when they have your question and their answer on record.

If you'd do it anyway, whatever they said, then don't ask them. However, you will have no complaint if they close both accounts and confiscate both bankrolls.

LowDown22
07-14-2005, 11:26 AM
I just dropped them an email before I did it. That way if they ever said they had a problem I would have a document proving they said I could do it. My wife and I both have Party accounts attached to the same Neteller account. They did make her call in to verify who she was, and then they asked for me to get on the phone to verify that she could use my Neteller account.

LSUfan1
07-14-2005, 12:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Party will allow you to have more than one account in your household. They will likely require your wife to call and prove she exists though.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly what happened with my wife!

parappa
07-14-2005, 12:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

cbfair
07-14-2005, 12:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Have her get her own Neteller account first, then just open the account on a "clean" computer (I.E. either one that has never had any Party software on it, or one that has very carefully had the software removed, which might not evem be good enough these days) and use all honest information. They may suspend one or both of your accounts until you call them and verify that you two are seperate people, everything should be fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

True. My wife and I went through this several months ago. In our experience, it was much tougher to get approval from Neteller than Party, although she did have to speak with both.

sfer
07-14-2005, 12:43 PM
Why do you need a clean machine?

Pokeraddict
07-14-2005, 12:46 PM
My wife had to call Neteller but not Party.

Bill Bixby
07-14-2005, 01:16 PM
suuuuure buddy... your "wife" wants to open an account. This topic has been discussed here way too much. If your going to cheat and create 3-4 accounts, dont broadcast it on an internet forum.

HoldEmKillah
07-14-2005, 01:24 PM
I had to provide them with copies of our marraige license and a copy of her license as well. When her last name didn't match (she kept her maiden name), they wanted to talk with her.

After that, all went well UNTIL we tried to use our debit card (we only have one card that has only my name on it for our joint checking accont)to make a deposit into her account. Evidently, since I already used this card on my own party account this isn't allowed. They closed both accounts until I called them again. This time they needed me to send a letter stating that it was ok for my wife to use my card to make deposits, blah blah blah.

It was a real hassle but it shouldn't be if you do it right.

BigF
07-14-2005, 01:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
suuuuure buddy... your "wife" wants to open an account. This topic has been discussed here way too much. If your going to cheat and create 3-4 accounts, dont broadcast it on an internet forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm so sick and tired of these Internet wise arses. No, you are not smarter than everyonee else here. Now go fvvvvk yourself.

krimson
07-14-2005, 02:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What the hell is the point of bringing this up?

sourbeaver
07-14-2005, 03:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dust can clog mechanisms and cause a decrease in performance and/or burning.

jackdaniels
07-14-2005, 03:21 PM
My wife and I both have accounts at Stars. She simply opened an account and funded it via CC - the same CC I used to fund my Stars account. I also used Neteller (MY Neteller) to withdraw her funds. In fact, I did absolutely NOTHING to try and mask the fact that we both have accounts from the same household and both share $$ (as is the norm with married people - whats mine is hers and whats hers is hers /images/graemlins/tongue.gif). If you have nothing to hide, there is no reason to act like you do - if they have any questions about it, they can call/email me about it. So far, nobody has done either.

MrBlueNose
07-14-2005, 03:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Awww...somebodys a little jealous!

neotope
07-14-2005, 03:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have Party Poker installed on a computer you can't create new accounts on that computer. You have to either uninstall Party or use a computer that has never had Party installed.

pretender2k
07-14-2005, 03:52 PM
My wife got her account on Stars. I wrote them an email and got a quick response. They were cool about it. I just wanted to keep any questions out of their mind as it sounds you do. I did notice we can play the same big MTT though.

I choose Stars because she only wanted to play occasionally and likes the limits lower than .5/1 right now so Party wasn't an option.

Benholio
07-14-2005, 04:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have Party Poker installed on a computer you can't create new accounts on that computer. You have to either uninstall Party or use a computer that has never had Party installed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I always thought this was just when trying to create accounts on other skins. I thought you could create another account on the same skin on the same computer without a problem.

sfer
07-14-2005, 04:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I always thought this was just when trying to create accounts on other skins. I thought you could create another account on the same skin on the same computer without a problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too.

Rudbaeck
07-14-2005, 06:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, almost. They called her. But near enough.

PuertoKid
07-14-2005, 06:13 PM
I had no problem. My wife and I even use the same neteller account. Never had a problem depositing or withdrawing, and never got a phone call.

Quercus
07-14-2005, 06:43 PM
My wife didn't have any problem creating an account on Empire. Empire wouldn't let us fund it with my Neteller, but after talking to them, they had no problem with inter-account transfers and IGM-Pay (the IGM-Pay checking account is the same one I use.)

Not sure why they are sticklers about the Neteller but none of the other payment methods. She hasn't tried to cash out yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if they want to verify her identity at some point.