PDA

View Full Version : Assassin: City-wide game planned

Freakin
07-14-2005, 10:50 AM
You know the game. A group of people each draw names from a hat. You have a target you have to kill (with a water pistol), and someone else is trying to kill you. You don't know where the attack will come from, but you have to watch your back at all times.

So someone planned this on a city-wide scale in NY. YOu sign up for $10, include a home & work address, as well as a head shot and body shot. On the opening day, you'll receive a manilla envelope with a dossier on your target. When you successfully eliminate your target (with either waterpistol, supersoaker, or water bomb), they give you their envelope and you hunt your new target. Eventually you are hunting the same person that is hunting you.

I wish someone planned something like this in Seattle.

StreetWars (http://www.streetwars.net)

Freakin

swede123
07-14-2005, 10:59 AM
A bunch of friends and I played this in college. It got quite serious. The one different rule from this game was that you couldn't have witnesses. This made for more of a challenge, as people tended to move around with a wingman wherever they went. It was a blast, and it sounds like this might be as well.

The one concern would be that there are no rules prohibiting real-looking guns. Imagine a bystander seeing someone flash what looks like a real weapon. They call the cops and all of a sudden you have a distaster on your hands. Hopefully people will be smart enough to use toy-looking squirt guns.

There's nothing preventing you from setting up a game yourself. Just get twenty friends together and you be the guy setting everything up (or designate someone else if you want to play).

Swede

STLantny
07-14-2005, 11:01 AM
Coolest...thing...ever.

usmfan
07-14-2005, 11:07 AM
There was a movie in the 80s based on this. Only 1 guy started actually killing people. Who can find it first?

Freakin
07-14-2005, 11:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
There was a movie in the 80s based on this. Only 1 guy started actually killing people. Who can find it first?

[/ QUOTE ]

Winnar (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0084756/)

MoreWineII
07-14-2005, 11:18 AM
Holy god, I wish I had friends. I would totally play this.

sfer
07-14-2005, 11:39 AM
I've done this twice--once in high school, once in college.

The first day is a lot more fun than the fifth day. The tenth day isn't fun at all.

colgin
07-14-2005, 01:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You know the game. A group of people each draw names from a hat. You have a target you have to kill (with a water pistol), and someone else is trying to kill you. You don't know where the attack will come from, but you have to watch your back at all times.

So someone planned this on a city-wide scale in NY. YOu sign up for $10, include a home & work address, as well as a head shot and body shot. On the opening day, you'll receive a manilla envelope with a dossier on your target. When you successfully eliminate your target (with either waterpistol, supersoaker, or water bomb), they give you their envelope and you hunt your new target. Eventually you are hunting the same person that is hunting you.

I wish someone planned something like this in Seattle.

StreetWars

Freakin

[/ QUOTE ]

Somebody is going to get killed by a NYC cop playing this game. Trust me. Just wait for it.

Arnfinn Madsen
07-14-2005, 01:33 PM
I participated in a large one. It was incredible fun. I went to a school to try to search down my victim. Finally I went to visit his brother (I knew him), so when he arrived from school his destiny was sealed. He smelled the rat though so he stayed outside until late evening /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

belloc
07-14-2005, 02:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Somebody is going to get killed by a NYC cop playing this game. Trust me. Just wait for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it works very well in a college campus setting (at least for a few days, as Dave says). I'd imagine tensions might be a bit high for something like this in NYC.

swolfe
07-14-2005, 02:24 PM
this sounds like a lot of fun...

Ringo_Mojo
07-14-2005, 02:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it works very well in a college campus setting (at least for a few days, as Dave says). I'd imagine tensions might be a bit high for something like this in NYC.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah there's a reason that this type of thing lost popularity a while back. Kids with toy guns getting shot by real cops.

usmfan
07-14-2005, 02:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Winnar (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0084756/)

[/ QUOTE ]

I had originally remembered TAG but I thought that was the movie with Anthony Edwards as a spy. But, a little legwork would have showed me that was wrong and that the actual AE movie was Gotcha! (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089222/)

11t
07-14-2005, 02:41 PM
I'm in a fraternity and we do stuff like this all the time.

much fun.

Macdaddy Warsaw
07-14-2005, 02:46 PM
I'd consider signing up for this if I was in NYC but I'd consider strongly not signing up for it too. I don't want strangers stalking me.

It does sound cool though, but could possibly be a huge waste of time.

Freakin
07-14-2005, 02:56 PM
I'd be willing to bet that the extended rules you get after signing up include a clause about using brightly colored water pistols. That would be pretty stupid otherwise.

Freakin

MoreWineII
07-14-2005, 03:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd be willing to bet that the extended rules you get after signing up include a clause about using brightly colored water pistols. That would be pretty stupid otherwise.

Freakin

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just gonna say... I'd be toting a hot pink one.