PDA

View Full Version : Quite a fast session. Please Help me improve~!

FletchJr.
02-18-2003, 12:27 PM
I've decided to post all my hands that i was involved in a recent 2/4 PP.
Here it goes:
Hand 1: (My first hand delt to me)
BB,KdKH.All fold to the sm who calls, I check.
Flop [ 9s 3h Qh ] He bets, I call.
Turn 4s he bets, i raise, he re-raises, I cap.
River 2c he bets I call, shows me q9 2 pair.

Hand 2: (3rd hand delt to me)
Button with, KcKh.UTG calls, I raise, sb cold calls, UTG calls.
Flop [ Js 9c As ]
I bet, sb raises,UTG folds I re-raise, sb calls
Turn [ Ad ]
check, I check.
River [ 5d]
sb bets, i call
sb shows AK takes it down

Hand 3: (My seventh hand delt to me)
QsQd Utg+2
UTg+1 calls, I raise, mp calls CO calls BB calls
Flop [ 4c Th Ah ]
I check, Co bets, ep folds, i raise, mp folds, Co 3 bets I call.
Turn [ 2h ]
CO bets I fold.

Hand 4: (same round)
UTG AJo, I limp, 2 mp limps' bb checks.
Flop [ 6s Kd 3c ]
all check
Turn [ 4c ]
BB check, I check, mp bet, mp fold, bb fold, i fold.
River [ As ]
bb check, mp bet, bb fold.

Hand 5:
7jo BB.
mp limp, a CO post limps, I check.
Flop [ 3s 5s Qd ]
I check, mp bets, we both fold.

Hand 6:
sb with 2dkd
folded to me i raise, and take the bb.

Hand 7:
mp opens with a raise, I re-raise. mp calls. HU.
Flop [ 2h Ks 8s ]
he checks, i bet, he calls,
turn [ Ah ]
He checks, i bet, he raises, i call.
River [ 4h ]
he bets, i call.
he show's KK for trips and i muck.

I'm looking forward to comments on these hands.Funny thing is this all happened in less then 2 rounds. I didn't leave out one hand i played.

MarkD
02-18-2003, 01:13 PM
In hand #7 what is it you hold? I'll comment on the other hands when I have more time.

pudley4
02-18-2003, 01:19 PM
Hand 1: I raise preflop. I bet the flop. I bet the turn and call the check-raise. I call the river bet. -4 BB instead of -5.5 BB.

Hand 2: SB's check-raise looks like an A or a pocket pair. When he calls your 3-bet, I can't imagine him having anything other than an A. However, I still play the turn the same as you with the intention of calling his river bet. -3.5 BB, same as you.

Hand 3: I'd bet the flop, call the raise, and check-fold the turn. -2 BB instead of -2.5 BB

Hand 4: I'd raise preflop, bet the flop, and who knows what happens from there (but I'd probably win with the A on the river)

Hand 5: same as you

Hand 6: same as you

Hand 7: what did you have?

J.R.
02-18-2003, 01:30 PM
Here goes:

#1- Raise preflop, but this can occasionally be correct as a variation.

#2- On the flop you got check-raised with an A on the board, so it is far less likely that the SB is on a flush draw. Just call and see what the turn brings.

#3 I don't like to check-raise here unless I often do it with AK, and I don't like that much eaither. Good fold on the turn. You could fold to the 3-bet unless you know you opponent is tough.

#4 Nothing wrong here in my book, though you might bet the turn.

#5 OK

#6 OK

#7 I am assuming you had seigfreid and roy, which I would have folded to the turn raise with two overcards on the board. If you had AK I would have put in another bet on the turn.

Barry
02-18-2003, 02:42 PM
Hmm… Here’s my perspective.

Hand 1

I would have raised pre-flop, you might have got him to fold, although I doubt it. Still it’s a good value bet. On the flop I would generally raise with an overpair. I would suspect that he has a Q with a weak kicker, which he did (but not a 2 pair). If he reraised you there, that would have let you know that he wasn’t fearful of an overpair. If so, I would go into check call mode or even fold, depending if the player would 3 bet a draw such as TJ or a heart flush. If he just called your flop raise, I would have bet out until he raised me back.

Hand 2

The SB raise on the flop let’s you know he has an A or perhaps a spade flush draw, and/or gutshot to broadway. I would slow down here and call, not 3 bet.

Hand 3

I would only consider check raising here if I made a set of A’s with this flop. Since you were the raiser, betting out would have been “standard”. If you got raised, then you should worry.

Hands 4-6 I’d play same as you.

Hand 7

I assume that you have AK. If so, I would have played it the same.

It seems to me that you are playing too aggressively on those hands where the flop is not good for you. At this level (where I do my online playing too) you’re not going to get people to fold to some of these moves at a high enough % of the time for them to be profitable, either because they have a better hand, or have enough of a hand to see it though.

Ben
02-18-2003, 05:20 PM
I have a few newbie questions:

Everyone seems to agree with his raise in hand 6. Is this a standard move to try to steal BB?

Also, I'm unfamiliar with the abbreviations MP, CO, and EP. They're not listed on the "Abbreviations" doc on the left. Can someone enlighten me?

Thanks much.

Barry
02-18-2003, 05:32 PM
He hasn't told us what his starting hand is. I have assumed AK, someone else thinks it may have been QQ. Either way these are good hands to raise and reraise with.

UTG - Under the gun, 1st to act after the blinds
EP - Early position, normally 1st 3 after the blinds
MP - Middle position, 3-6 after the blinds
LP - Late position
CO - Cutoff, immediately to the right of the button

Clarkmeister
02-18-2003, 05:34 PM
"Everyone seems to agree with his raise in hand 6. Is this a standard move to try to steal BB?"

Headsup, King high is very likely to be the best hand.

"Also, I'm unfamiliar with the abbreviations MP, CO, and EP. They're not listed on the "Abbreviations" doc on the left. Can someone enlighten me?"

MP = Middle Position, generally #'s 4, 5 and 6 to act at a full ten handed table.
CO = The Cutoff, also known as the seat to the immediate right of the button.
EP = Early position, generally #'s 1, 2 and 3 to act at a full 10 handed table.
UTG = Under the Gun, also known as the first person to act. This person is always to the immediate left of the Big Blind.

J.R.
02-18-2003, 05:35 PM
MP = middle position, or the 4, 5, and 6 seats after the blinds.

CO = cutoff, or the seat before the button. This is the second to last person to act before the blinds preflop.

EP = early position, or the 3 seats after the blinds.

I think the raise in # 6 is standard.

FletchJr.
02-18-2003, 06:01 PM
Hey thanks for you guyses opinions so far.
lol hand 7 I had pocket 10's.
I guess i stayed with a lot of hands I shouldn't of because i hate having a tight weak image. but i guess it was still that image.

Ben
02-18-2003, 06:41 PM
Thanks for the replies guys.

Much appreciated.