PDA

View Full Version : Correct fold or too tight?

richardn
07-14-2005, 09:47 AM
1-2NL on Prima...I'm in the SB w/ 44 on 10 person table. I've got ~$80 and am average stack at the table...

3 callers, then min-raise to $4 which is immediately min-raised again to $6...one caller to me, I fold, BB calls and the 4 others (3 callers + first raiser) call leaving 6 to the flop. This is about my 5th hand at the table so I've really got no reads.

I know I would have called the first min-raise expecting everyone else to call...giving me great EV if I hit my set, but after the 2nd raise I figured only 3 would see the flop...or worse off I'd call and the $6 would get re-raised to something ridiculous like $30+ that I absolutely wasn't going to call...

Thoughts on my thoughts/play?

xorbie
07-14-2005, 10:01 AM
I think this is pretty close. If it ends up just being $6 to see the flop, I think you get a great price + information + very good chance of winning a stack, but you have to weigh that vs. the risk that it get's 4-bet big enough that you have to fold, and you just wasted $4.

All in all I'm probably calling.

kongo_totte
07-14-2005, 10:10 AM
I agree it's close but with that many people left to act, I'm leaning towards a fold.

Maulik
07-14-2005, 12:35 PM
I agree it's close but with that many people left to act, I'm leaning towards a fold.

This, not to mention that your implied odds aren't huge here as your stack isn't deep. I'd peel off the calls if I had $200 in front of me or whatever the max buyin is.

MuckerFish
07-14-2005, 04:24 PM
Fold sounds about right. Also keep in mind stack sizes of your opponents, especially those of the raisers, because those will be your targets. If they're shorter stacked also, your implied odds are shot. With players left to act behind you, including the original raiser, no problem with the fold.