PDA

View Full Version : KQs on AJxQ board

SkyRocker
07-14-2005, 09:36 AM
Absolute Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

BB is loose aggressive
MP is loose passive

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, MP calls, CO calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP calls, CO folds.

Turn: (5.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP calls, Hero calls.

River: (8.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, MP checks.

Final Pot: 8.50 BB

I feel lost on the turn. It would suck if I bet and get raised as I'm forced to call but I'm not sure I can call if the raisor bet the river. Giving a free card here is dangerous as well.

What line would you take and what is your play on the river?

SkyRocker

Lost Wages
07-14-2005, 10:05 AM
Just keep betting. It's unlikey that you will be raised unless someone just happens to have AQ/AJ/KT. Even if someone raise does you have so many outs that it's no big deal. You know that if you check the LAG will bet so it's better to put your money in as the bettor than then caller.

Lost Wages

SkyRocker
07-14-2005, 10:13 AM
That makes sense. And then hero check/call the river?

Jeffage
07-14-2005, 11:14 AM
Bet the turn again. Don't play scared poker...you have a royal flush draw for god sakes, so getting raised won't hurt that bad. You have plenty of outs if called or raised.

Jeff