PDA

View Full Version : 10/20: Have I becomme weak from reading Middle Limit Holdem by BC?

aflaba temp
07-14-2005, 09:26 AM
LP is semi-loose and semi-passive

Party Poker (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
LP limps. SB completes. BB accidently raises. Both call.

Flop: A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks. Hero bets. LP calls. SB calls.

Turn: A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, LP bets, SB folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 4BB

aflaba temp
07-14-2005, 11:10 AM
I think I don't dislike my play here.

I raised preflop. With 2 callers on the flop one is probable to have an A. When the second A hits if a player has A he is likly to raise me and charge me for my flush draw. The times someone has a full house I would lose alot.

If LP has nothing or a bad hand he is pretty likly to check.

sam h
07-14-2005, 11:18 AM
I don't like the fold. You are getting 5.5:1 immediately, and will collect one or two more on the river if you hit. A full house seems very unlikely at this point, which means he has to hit a diamond kicker for you to get trapped, which really isn't happening often. And I don't think its out of the question that he just has a jack and thus a king will be good too.

Bluffoon
07-14-2005, 11:46 AM
This is an easy call based on pot odds. You are getting seven to one and have up to twelve outs.

The best play though might be to represent an ace with a turn check raise. If you get a call I would lead the river regardless of what falls.

Guy McSucker
07-14-2005, 12:31 PM
Why on earth wouldn't you call getting 5.3:1 pot odds (if I've worked out the rake of $2 correctly)?

You'll make at least one bet if you hit a diamond, and most of the time you're not going to lose to a full house.

Guy.

Oh, in retrospect: that's what sam h says. But I'd really like to know why you folded.

aflaba temp
07-14-2005, 12:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why on earth wouldn't you call getting 5.3:1 pot odds (if I've worked out the rake of $2 correctly)?

You'll make at least one bet if you hit a diamond, and most of the time you're not going to lose to a full house.

Guy.

Oh, in retrospect: that's what sam h says. But I'd really like to know why you folded.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhm, ehh. I guess the only reason I can give is that I am in a downswing... And I'm playing from another country than I'm used to. Damn hot weather, go away!

JrJordan
07-14-2005, 12:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is an easy call based on pot odds. You are getting seven to one and have up to twelve outs.

The best play though might be to represent an ace with a turn check raise. If you get a call I would lead the river regardless of what falls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Against a loose passive who's betting into a multiway pot, this is a bad idea. If he has a legit A he's going to 3-bet you and you'll charge yourself two extra BB to draw toy our flush. If he has a J or 8, he ain't folding to your c/r because thats what loose passives do. The only hand that's folding is the occasional bluff that your K is already beating and perhaps a low PP.

sam h
07-14-2005, 02:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The worst play though might be to represent an ace with a turn check raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

etizzle
07-14-2005, 03:00 PM
wtf are you doing